Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wouldn't give $$150 for a garand,if I had to KEEP it. only real use for one would be knocking holes in transformers, water towers, pipelines, etc, and the steel cored .30 ak ammo will do such things well enough. So why pay more for for a larger,heavier gun, with more expensive ammo, with no night sights avaialbe for it, only a joke of a scope mount, no threaded muzzle to mount a can with, no ccw of the disassembled gun, etc? Just another obsolete old clunker, at a ridiculous price.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
You forgot to mention that, all in all, they are also really good for killing people.

If you get hit a solid anywhere on your body from a Garand, except maybe your pinky finger, you're going to be flopping like a fish on the deck. They are also seriously better against a land vehicle or a boat than a .223 is. They punch through cover better (yeah, I know, in GK-world all cover means the person is unreachable and untouchable).

They are also legal in a lot of places that an AR-15 isn't.

Myself, I've never found them heavy.

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
You enjoy your fireworks tomorrow, I'll probably be working with C4, Nitromethane, Propolene Oxide and a large number of assorted metallic powders. I know I'll get a "bang" out of my day.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
So the M1 Garand is too heavy for weak simpy GK. The Garand is a fighting man's (and woman's) rifle that is still in use today. The 10 inch poodleshooter has long been abandoned as inefficient by the US Army.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I love how all he can think about is commiting criminal acts with guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts