Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Dave Sample (a/k/a "Captain Eagle") Passed Away

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  captaineagle 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd pass along that our relatively new member, Dave Sample, who was my instructor in the Patriot on-line course, died. He had been suffereing from heart problems for a long time, and he went peacefully in his sleep. He got to see and speak with his kids, who live out of state, before hand too.

Just lettin' y'all know.

Best,
Jon

#4 ·
I don't recall him, but God rest his soul. My condolences. I really hate to lose part of the family.

#6 ·
Hello, my name is Jennifer Sample, the granddaughter of captain eagle. as im sure many people do, i miss him greatly, for 5 years. i follow the threads on here and it warms my heart to see people talking about him fondly, its nice to know that he was well thought of. i hope people continue to think of him fondly instead of his last moments in a hospital

#9 ·
Thanks guys for making me feel welcome. It has now been 6 years since he passed away, and the aching is still strong. My best memories of him are still with me, as he gave me a stuffed dog, books, shirts, a glass horse. Im sad to announce though that his dog, Felina had to be put down in November. She was blind with failing kidneys and had become immune to the medicine. My grandfather's last words to his daughter was asking her to take care of Felina. RIP Felina, Suzie, and Captain Eagle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.