Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While Blazer is low-end and lately seems to be low-powered, I sometimes have used it as cheap blasting ammo with mostly good results. If anyone is looking for some ammo that's as cheap as stuff gets nowadays, this place has it for $374/k shipped. It was the best price I've seen lately & just ordered a case to help take up some of the slack at our annual hillbilly holiday gatherings; so I thought I'd pass it along.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
I'm shying away from the Blazer aluminum due to malfunctions in my CZ 9 MM. Maybe just a bad batch, but guns that have never malfunctioned are failing to eject. Oddly enough I haven't had a FTE in the "Cheap" Taurus G3 and the S&W SD 9. I've got plenty of 9 MM and I see the prices are slowly moving down so I'll just wait a bit before I bulk buy. I'm going to be trapped in the house shortly anyway.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remembered you talking about that, but decided to give it a shot anyway. We'll largely be running it thru the ar carbine and the banshee ar pistol, and hopefully won't have issues. If we do, we'll just use the other (better) ammo I have on hand. I'm sure some gun will like it eventually. (.....?)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The only time I had used any of the aluminum cased blazer was roughly 30years ago in a Ruger P-85 and then a Glock 17 Gen 2.
It seemed to work okay for what it was but I don't think I ran over a thousand rounds combined through both pistols.
But anymore I'm going to be going back to buying fmj made with reloadable brass in bulk shooting it then loading up some precision ammo based on 124 to 135gr JHP.

But atm I have decent amount of Hornady Critical Duty and the older Remington/UMC JHP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts