Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up at the cabin getting ready for the gun-deer season here in WI and took a few pis....ENJOY

I hunt on 116 acres on the Wisconsin river near Rhinelander WI. I am not a huge fan of the cold so I built a 9' x 5' deer stand that is fully enclosed, heated and carpeted.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Al,
Very nice looking blind! Ths blind I hunt out of is a bit smaller and is on the ground. But I never go in there with out "Mr. Heater" the worse thing about sitting is getting cold really quick. I'll admit it, i'm a sissy and like to be warm. Wish I could run into you down at the Tinley park show next this weekend, but of course opening day of duck on the 11th and I have to work on the 12th. And next Friday I leave for my ND pheasant hunting trip, oh can't wait for that! Talk to you later buddy....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll admit it, i'm a sissy and like to be warm.
We all knew this!

Just kiddin, I too hate the cold and didnt want to bother the others in our group by walking back to the cabin after a few hours because I got cold.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Al,
I always take a blind that is close to the trailer or truck. Once my feet get cold I am done. No matter what I do I have one hell of a time getting my feet to stay warm. Thats why i love bird hunting, getting to walk around and stay warm is so much better the sitting all day for a deer. Personally, I don't care if I shoot a buck, a nice fat doe will fill the freezer. That is if i can make room with all the mice in there...;)

Take care buddy..

BTW, when ya taking me grouse hunting up there? I hear there are a bunch of birds over there that need to be shot...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It really is a home away from home. I'm a sissy when it comes to the cold and I hate walking 15 minutes back to the cabin if I do get cold. This just seemed like a decent solution.

·
Registered
42 Posts
LMFAO!!!

Thats a nice fuck book you have on the coffee table!! :laugh01:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts