Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throroughout history there has been much sucess with the bolt action rifle, particularly for the Russians during WW2.

kills
494 Nikolay Yakovlevich Ilyin
~500 Ivan Mikhailovich Sidorenko
489 Ivan Nikolayevich Kulbertinov
456 [inc. 14 snipers] V. N. Pchelintsev
437 Mikhail Ivanovich Budenkov until September 1944; ~100 - by mac hinegun
429 [inc. ? snipers] Fyodor Matveyevich Ohlopkov not including machinegun score
425 Fyodor Trofimovich Dyachenko
422 [inc. 70(!) snipers] Vasilij Ivanovich Golosov until June 1943
417 Afanasij Gordienko
412 Stepan Vasilievich Petrenko data of September 1944
400+ G.I. Kostyrina female
387 Fyodor Kharchenko
380 Pyotr A. Goncharov data of July 1943
367 [inc. a general] Semen D. Nomokonov sniper-only score
362 Ivan Petrovich Antonov
349 Abdukhani Idrisov until March 1944
346 Philipp Yakovlevich Rubakho
345 Leonid Butkevich
345 Matthias Hetzenauer
340 I.I. Markin
331 Victor Ivanovich Medvedev
328 Ilya L. Grigoriev
324 Ye. Nikolaev from 1941 to 1942
315 Leonid Yakovlevich Butkevich until July 1943
313 Zhambyl Yesheyevich Tulaev
309 [inc. 36 snipers] Ludmila Mikhajlovna Pavlichenko female
307 Alexander Pavlovich Lebedev until June 1943
307 Vasilij Alexandrovich Titov
305 Ivan Pavlovich Gorelikov
300+ Gennadij Iosifovich Velichko until July 1943
300 Moisej Timofeyevich Usik until October 1943
~300 Nikolaj Stepanovich Vedernikov data ofcluding machinegun score
~300 Natalia V. Kovshova and Maria Polivanova female team
298 [inc. 5 snipers] Ivan Filippovich Abdulov
279 Yakov Mikhajlovich Smetnev
279 V.M. Bezgolosov
265 Anatolij Chekhov
257 Sepp Allerberg GERMAN
250 Fyodor Kuzmich Chegodaev until May 1942
248 Ivan Ivanovich Bocharov until March 1944
245 Mikhail Ignatievich Belousov until June 1943
242 [inc. ? snipers] Vasilij Grigorievich Zaitsev
240 Yegor Konstantinovich Petrov not including machinegun score
237 [inc. ? snipers] Maxim Passar
226 [inc. 3 snipers] David Teboevich Doev
220 N.V. Nikitin
218 N.F. Semyonov data of June 1943
215 Vasilij Shalvovich Kvachantiradze until December 1944
202 Mikhail Stepanovich Sokhin until May 1944
~200 Noj Petrovich Adamia
187 M.A. Abbasov
186 Nikolaj Galushkin data of April 1943
170 Studentov data of November 1942
162 N.P. Lepskij
150 Pyotr Nikolayevich Sofronov
150 A.A. Kurbanov data of 1943
143 Inna Semyonovna Mudretsova female
140 P.I. Golichenkov during 1941
134 I.D. Vezhlivtsev data of January 1942
129 Alexey Afanasievich Mironov until May 1943
125 Feodosij Artyomovich Smolyachkov
117 S.P. Loskutov data of July 1942
116 Georgij Konstantinovich Fyodorov
107 N.P. Petrova female
102 Dmitrij Alexeyevich Gulyayev data of December 1942
100+ Roza Shanina data of 1944 ; female
I. Merkulov
H. Andrukhaev
91 Aliya Moldagulova female
77 Nikolaj Vasilievich Prokhorov
76 Lidiya Gudovantseva female
65 Yegor Ivanovich Myreyev
64 Helmut Wirnsberger German
63 Alexandra Shlyakhova female
57 P. Gryaznov

Maybe, just maybe its the person doing the shooting and not the firearm that person is carrying!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The standard Russian snipers rifle was the 7.62mm Mosin Nangant with 4 power scope as shown in your right hand picture.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
One of the more intersting facts about the Civil War was that Berdan's Sharpshooters were orgionaly invisioned to stay at regimental strengh and be put on the line as a regiment (there was more than one regiment of Berdan's Sharpshooters.)

But the powers-to-be cut them up in small units and used them for pickets and the like. Berdan was opposed to this, and wanted sharpshooters in BIG strengh so they could overpower the battlefield with accurate fire.

Invision the Russians if they had of fielded whole regiments of those snipers in one small battlefield. I bet not a German would have dared raise his head.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And we've proved your a WANNABE!! Its a matter of perception!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The strength of the BA sniper rifle lies in the skill of the person using it. Only an unskilled dork would call the BA obsolete. You just have to modify your tactics with the BA and exploit its strengths. Hits count - inept dorks are obsolete.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think the tendency is to equate “out of date” with “obsolete”; and to hold any older, less-advanced version as worthless, which is a mistake. Inferior to the more advanced model, perhaps, but not worthless.

- The M4’s improved feed ramps made my CAR-15 ‘out of date’, but the CAR’s no less effective than it was before the M4 existed.
- Winchester’s 64 PP+ load is likely to become my new favorite based on its numbers and its performance on the one animal I’ve used it on (yesterday, deer), but that doesn’t mean that the loads I carried last month are obsolete or worthless.
- The M1A was made ‘out of date’ from an issue standpoint with the introduction of the M16, but a man with an M1A could still kill the hell out of you. That didn’t change.

“Outdated” doesn’t necessarily equate to “obsolete” or ineffective.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
The AR has been a proven top performer for over 30 years now, and you dinosaurs don't even know it.
Except, everyone here agrees that the AR is a good weapon. There has never been any postings otherwise.

Just like any weapon, there are pluses and minuses. Not all AO's are equal. Not all shooters are equal.

However, outside of CQB, the shorty's are not optimal for all situations, and your 10" abortion of an AR is even less useful in a general role.

You are just incapable of reading the posts and considering what's being said.

Urban, close range, environments, the AR will perform quite well. Once you start opening up the environment, the results become mixed.

It's almost like you beleive that if an .223 can kill you, the .308 can't in the same circumstances.

Learn to articulate without the insults, have a discussion, and you might learn a thing or two in the exchange - even if nothing changes your mind about your gear.

It isn't one size fits all, and it isn't one way is the only way.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The list of Russiam WW2 siopers sells Roza Shanina short. She went into action in September 1941 and had killed 100+ Germans by March 1942 when she was awarded the Medal of Valor, the highest purely military Russian decoration. She continued to be a sniper until the end of the war. Her total kills are said to be either 300+ or 400+ depending on the source. She always tried to shoot officers and NCOs whenever possible.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta hate that! I mean the part about shooting the Senior NCO's! :) :) :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
We all know that the senior NCO's are what makes the army go, don't we?

RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
actually my favorite rifle is the lee enfield; the .303 is quite a hardy weapon; she shoots strait, has a comfortable punch and is extremely reliable. Her bolt is quite fast to work, as well.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I did not like the part about shooting the officers either. The Chinese snipers in Korea used exactly the same rifle and scope. They were persistent and determined, but most of them were not very accurate at the longer ranges. However any sustained enemy sniper activity does make you nervous and my job required me to do things yhay attracted their attention.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Isn't it SOP for the sniper to shoot anybody who even looks like a leader? I believe that was the case in Viet Nam.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You are right RIKA. Shooting the officers and NCOs can demoralize a small unit and greatly rduce its conbar effectiveness.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
tactical bs, you mean. completely unnecessary and almost always a screwup, and always completely irrelevant for the civilian. The bolt action is favored only cause its users are SCARED to get closer, and cause they dont CARE if they miss.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
what happens to the sniper if he misses, hmm? NOTHING, that's what. the enemy activity is still suppressed, the sniper still sends in info to HQ, and the sniper just moves on to the next shot.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
YOU, however, had better not fire at ALL, especially with nothing but a noisy bolt action, unless you HAVE to hit. If you have to hit, you'd better get MUCH closer, cause you can't control the target. He can take a step, bend over, sneeze, cough, turn, all in well under .5 second, and then you miss if the travel time of the bullet is over .4 second. For the slow assed 308, that .4 second means 400m or less.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
The bolt action is favored only cause its users are SCARED to get closer, and cause they dont CARE if they miss.
This is the ranting of a lazy ignorant poser who knows nothing about tactics or the art of the sniper. Total BS from the man who lives in fantasyland.

RIKA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts