Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CNSNews.com) - Democrats in Congress have introduced a bill to outlaw a specific gun, which a leading gun control group describes as "a clear and present threat to police officers" and "a tragedy waiting to happen."

The bills introduced in the House and Senate on Thursday (H.R. 800/S. 397) would make it illegal for anyone except a police officer or military official to possess a Fabrique Nationale (FN) Five-seveN pistol, which can shoot armor-piercing bullets.

Gun control activists call the Five-seveN a "cop-killing gun," and they have enlisted the support of several law enforcement organizations in their effort to outlaw it. Steve Lenkart, the legislative director of the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, a labor union, has called the handgun "an assault weapon that fits in your pocket."



"We are very grateful to Senators [Frank] Lautenberg (D-N.J.), [Jon] Corzine (D-N.J.) and [Chuck] Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Congressman Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) for introducing legislation in the Senate and the House of Representatives to outlaw this weapon," said Michael Barnes, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence united with the Million Mom March.

More here http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1316456.html
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
I think one of my favorite all-time predictions I heard was the one that went something like "Some day Democrats will be hunted down and shot like rabid dogs." :)

Since we are a Constitutional Republic, how many people grasp the concept that voting for a Democrat is voting for the overthrow of our current form of government? It is really no different then voting for a Communist Party member. And supporting the Democratic notion of forcibly disarming the public is "advocating the violent overthrow of the current system of government".

Basically in a truly democratic government, 51 percent of the people can vote to EAT the other 49 percent. And make it a law.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Good thing we ain't a democracy then ain't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gecko45 said:
Good thing we ain't a democracy then ain't it?
Yeah, RIGHT!

When is the last time you heard a talking head, democrat, or even a REBUBLICAN say the word "republic", much less "constitutional republic"?

IMHO, the dems are the fast boat to socialism, the republicans are the slow boat. But they are both heading in the same direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
I realize I'm not american, so let me know if I step on any toes...

The problem with both a democracy and a republic is that no matter what, there is no guaranteed freedom on the individual level. Its subject either to the rest of the population, or to a piece of paper written long before you were born. Its a tough choice if you think about it; I dont trust the population, they tend to listen to crappy music. The constitution may not hold with your views, and is subject to becoming outdated in the eyes of the public.

Were it a social possibility, an anarchy would be the only TRULY free country (dont worry, Im not an anarchist). However, it doesnt work; people just arent disciplined enough.

The argument as to whether or not socialism or republicanism is better is a moot one; We all know which is better for the individual (provided that the republic respects that individual). But in the end, its really just a choice between having your fingers tied together, or your toes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
The problem with both a democracy and a republic is that no matter what, there is no guaranteed freedom on the individual level. Its subject either to the rest of the population, or to a piece of paper written long before you were born. Its a tough choice if you think about it; I dont trust the population, they tend to listen to crappy music. The constitution may not hold with your views, and is subject to becoming outdated in the eyes of the public.
Yea, well, our views are supported by the Constitution, and the public at large is completely unarmed. Also, people like us are the fighting men in all branches of the military. SO, if the hippies get too out of line we'll beat them back into the holes they crawled out of. The US had 4 rebellions in it's first 100yrs of life, we'll do it again if we have to.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
Well actually the absolutely best form of government is via a TRULY benign dictator. Of course, with human nature the way it is, that is pretty nearly an impossible combination.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
84 C4 said:
The US had 4 rebellions in it's first 100yrs of life, we'll do it again if we have to.
Yes, even if it violates the constitution to put down such a rebellion.....

Sorry, but I'm still a little sore over the results of and illegal actions by the US during the War of Northern Agression.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top