Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feet got cold.not and I'd forgotten to take my sedatives. I got up, redid the booties, took TWO sedatives, packed in more leaves and slept for 9 hours. The leaves work fine. I had to have far more than I needed because I forgot to fold-over and tape the unneeded triangle of 4 ft wide bivvy and drum liner below my hips. You have to completly stuff everyplace, or when you roll over, the leaves all fall down and your top side freezes.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I"m gonna buy some merino wool heavy duty longjohn pants and leave them draped over the top of the BOB. If it's winter time when shtf, I'll take them. If not, I wont. My legs get cold too easily. I"ve already got booties, but they come off all of the time if I dont pin them in place. I have restless leg syndrome.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
You mentioned booties which I've considered.

I've not bought a pair as I've balked at the tacky blaze orange REAL TREE printed down the side.
But Walmart has Merino Wool blend socks made by them and not made in Red China but the USA.
In the sporting goods section. Of course a lot of that stuff being seasonal they'll take it all down pretty soon and replace it with Valentine's day themed fish bait or something equally stupid.
Never mind that they never stock any quality work or outdoor socks year round.🙄

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
DRUGS? In the real world Melvin taking seditives if you are in a potentially hostile enviornment will get you dead, really easily!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
did 3 hours at 19F, in the 2GoStyems bivy, drum liners and leaves assembly
Feet got cold.not and I'd forgotten to take my sedatives. I got up, redid the booties, took TWO sedatives, packed in more leaves and slept for 9 hours.
John - all quibbling and questions aside - taking sedatives when going to sleep outdoors in sub-freezing temperatures is a very foolhardy thing to do. And taking a double dose of sedatives when going to sleep outdoors in sub-freezing temperatures is a VERY foolhardy thing to do. To the point of suicidal. Next time you might set a new personal record, and sleep permanently. This stuff isn't worth killing yourself over; seriously.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I've slept in sub-zero weather and in very hot weather. Not a single time did I require a sedative to sleep. It was far easier to be comfortable in the freezing weather with good gear than in high heat, as it was hard to cool off. with good gear, it is easier to stay warm in cold temps.

John is correct. If you need sedatives to make your gear work, you have the wrong gear.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts