Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to do something I always wanted to do. I'll post a picture and see if y'all can guess where I was and what I was doing...

:devil:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I'd hate to have to use reloaded ammo in that! It could take months to reload enough for just 1 burst!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Looks like a minigun to me too - in an airplane. You must know someone who is extremely wealthy. Glad you had fun.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it is a minigun, yes it is on an airplane - I was up in an AC-47 (puff)

Didn't get to fire the Mini though :bawling:

But it was worth it just for the flight. I have always wanted to fly in a DC-3, but to get to go in an AC-47 was just the cat's meow!

This particular Airplane was originally built in 1942, but has been restored to it's '60s configuration as a gunship (except for modern radios and transponder, and encoding alitimeter)

My next project is to weasel my way on to a B-17 :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Aslan says: "My next project is to weasel my way on to a B-17"

Aslan, try to get the pilot to let you have a few minutes of 'stick time'. That would be the thrill of a lifetime, plane wise.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Good God! The memories! The fire was like a bolt of lightning. The orange tracers would richochet up and you knew "Charlie" was taking some heat.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Raider said:
Aslan says: "My next project is to weasel my way on to a B-17"

Aslan, try to get the pilot to let you have a few minutes of 'stick time'. That would be the thrill of a lifetime, plane wise.

RIKA
Oh yeah...that is definately on the agenda!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts