Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

DIFF is .22 ammo aint 20c a shot

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  polesmoker 
#1 ·
if a load aint going to be a LOT more powerful than a .22, why pay more than 2c a shot for the ammo, hmm? why not at LEAST get a 9x19, and pay 11c a shot, since a Kahr is 6" long, 15 ozs? Sheesh, that's smaller and no more wt than an airwt Chief's .38. If you can't spare the room to carry THAT, you are really lost.

#2 ·
Sounds like another Big MAK(arov) attack. andy, you know nothing of ballistics if you think the MAK is no more powerful than the 22.

If you were thinking of another CF caliber, please tell us so I can correct this post/

RIKA

#3 ·
How about, if we want to pay $1 a round for a given caliber or $.01 per round, who cares?

There's a lot more to shooting than your narrow focus.

But, like Raider has suggested, you might want to provide some context - this thread is really just a disjointed fragment without any clear indication of what round you are talking about.

:devil:

#5 ·
sigh.

I don't know whether to simply agree with you or delete your post - it is both derrogatory and true.

I've never seen someone who lacks the discipline to do something as simple as keep the discussion in a single thread. It would be one thing if it were a random, infrequent thing, but it's almost every thread.

:devil:

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
The one thing that gunkid/erika has failed to realize, if that across this continent, the price of ammunition is vastly different. Plus if gunkid/erika is truly locked into his $800 a month ************payments from SSI, I make more than 7 times what he does a year. The price is irrelevent if you have the money and are willing to spend it on what you require.

#9 ·
I pay $1.50 a round for 7MM Magnum Ammunition and close to $2.00 a round for Bismuth shotgun shells. Would you really think I'd worry about the cost of ammunition to protect my life? I shoot a lot of .22 LR, but I also shoot a lot of 9X19, 9X18, and .45 ACP. Bought in bulk, practice ammunition is not that expensive. Of course, you need an average income.

#11 ·
To answer the question that was posed, one of the reasons you would pay more for a round that had the same power as a .22LR, as opposed to paying .02 cents per round as you do for cheap .22LR ammo, is that you would be buying centerfire ammunition. Centerfire ammunition has much better reliability than the cheap end .22LR stuff will ever have when it comes to the primer igniting the powder, or should I say when it comes to the primer being evenly distributed and therefor being able to ignite the primer. Rimfire often suffers from failures to fire because the primer compound has not been propoerly spun throughout the circumfrence of the rim in the shell casing.

If you were going to bet your life on which type of round would be most reliably likely to fire at any given moment, well bet on the centerfire ( or in this case more expensive than .02 cents per round ammunition). Thank you and good night.

#14 ·
andy said:
if a load aint going to be a LOT more powerful than a .22, why pay more than 2c a shot for the ammo, hmm? why not at LEAST get a 9x19, and pay 11c a shot, since a Kahr is 6" long, 15 ozs? Sheesh, that's smaller and no more wt than an airwt Chief's .38. If you can't spare the room to carry THAT, you are really lost.

He's ranting against the Makarov.

JD lacks too much knowledge about ballistics to understand that just calculating energy numbers isn't everything. Nor does he understand that the Makarov has been known for killing people in real fights.

He's also rationalizing it out for being too cheap to buy centerfire ammo for practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.