Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only got to hunt two day's this year do to family obligations. First day it was raining and foggy, so no luck. The last day cold, but clear finally took this doe. I 'll get some good steaks and roasts and Landjaeger from her, but I usually score bigger than 130 lbs. Oh well, next year. (That's a 7MM Magnum, I think it's a bit much).

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
:beer:

Terry, I'm glad you got the doe. She will be great eating. Aren't you already looking forward to next year. We are.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Disappointing… right. :rolleyes: Did you see the size of the one I took this year? It was substantially smaller than yours and was the only one I got this year. Didn’t even get any of the meat; my in-laws & neighbors got it, and I was out of town the nights of the cookouts.

Me and my “monster buck”… http://www.armslocker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29762

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thats a nice size doe, I don't see what your complaining about :)

We shoot allot of antelope, white tail and mule deer does, no shame it that. They are good sport, the limits are generous and it gives you a chance to goof around with different hunting tecniques, handguns, calling, long range rifle, we have allot of fun with them. All those doe/fawn additional tags every year give the kids lots of hunting time and the opurtunity for several kills a year.

The whole time you can be on the prowl for the "Big One" on a General license without worrying about getting skunked if you let too many pass and run out of season.

I'm already looking forward to spring bears and turkeys and of course the first ice out on the high country lakes for the best fly fishing of the year. This time of year is kinda "dry" for hunting. We are calling and shooting predators and that has been going better since all the snow and cold snap, but that was kind of dry till last week.

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
LOL John!Every time I look at that pupp...er,um deer I think to myself"Well,that's lunch"
OTOH,I'll bet that that made a nice,tender sandwich! :duck:
:wavey:

Terry?Like Rika said.That'll be good eats!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice deer!! Backstarp heaven. :twoguns:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts