Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again. A friend of mine brought up the questions of discarding clips. In the movies, as soon as the bullets in a clip run out they eject the clip and let it fall to the floor and shove a new one in. Does this really happen? If you didn't want someone to find out your nationality, could you still do this? Are clips reuseable? Thanx!

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
You know, with high capacity magazines now being virtually controlled devices, I have wondered what sort of controls LEOs are subject to in order to keep track of their magazines. I mean, here someone is, maybe in a gun fight for their life, so do they have to scramble around trying to keep track of an ejected empty "LEO only" magazine?

And yes, magazines are reuseable. As far as nationality, all you could determine is the make and model of the gun that the magzine was designed for (in most cases). With the international trade in firearms, I seriously doubt it would tell much about the nationality of the person who used it.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Heck no. It wasn't until the high capacity magazine ban that people even considered magazines as anything but throwaways anyway. Extra magazines were something you bought at gun shows just to make you feel that paying the admission fee was giving you something to take home with you. When you had a problem with a magazine fed gun, the standard rule was to buy a new magazine and throw away the old one. Now, I think someone could start a business just by designing a vault that held nothing but gun magazines!

Of course, I'm thinking that back then (1962), weren't most LEOs were carrying revolvers anyway? Not sure of the context this is taking place in.

G

·
wrong for several reasons, one you cant run around leaving a trail of evidence in the form of magazines with fingerprints on them. hell pick up the shell casings if you can. it is a cold war thing you know. second, anybody whoever trained to be in a gunfight for real also trained to save the mags, in a pocket, pouch, or whereevr so they can be reloaded for later use. and lastly and most importantly, why let someone see it lying around to suspect that you are low on ammo in a situation where covert is more important, bad enough to be compromised by such an encounter, but why prolong it so that others can get involved. magazines have never been considered expendible. every army in the world issues one or two spares but plenty of loose ammo, and in a situation where simply going and getting a few spares mags from a cache may be impossible or dangerous why throw away a valuable piece of equipment.
jamullins

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ah ... Excuse Me, But!

:laugh: Hey, Mr. Bookwriter,

I, as I'm sure a great many of the rest of us at this website, would like to know; 'Do you intend to share any of the royalties from this book with all those who've, now, answered what is turning out to be an unending stream of questions?'

If not will you, at least, mention us by our user names in the prologue credits! Otherwise, from now on, we're going to have to start charging, like say, $25.00 a question!

Regards, 'AA' :santa:

PS: What if we, each, agree to settle for a copy of the book when it comes out! Good deal? And, hey, how come you never ask any questions about, 'Girls'? We'd be good at answering these questions, too, you know. :D

G

·
Alright, alright alright! I'll try to give everyone a mention, if I ever get published. And a free copy if you nag me enough. Girls will come in later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts