Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about them Ducks?!

Last weekend we slapped around Chris Perry and the rest of Michigan. That was THE best college football game I have ever been to.

I got the new Sports Illustrated yesterday...Ducks on the cover! The 21st ranked Washington State Cougars will be here tomorrow. Another good game.

The best part about the Michigan game is that my wife hated football when we got married 6 years ago. Slowly she has come around to watching the Oregon away games on TV with me (I have season tickets with buddies). I had an extra pair of tickets for the "M" game and took her and my uncle who came up from CA. With the stadium rocking, screaming, cheering, etc...she finally saw what made the games at Autzen Stadium so fun and now wants to get tickets with me starting next year. I couldn't believe it!

Go Ducks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
You bet. I think they would revoke my Texas citizenship if I didn't answer this thread! :)

That Michigan game was something. I think there may be several games like that this year. I'm a former student of Texas A & M, so we are in the middle of big changes this year. The Big XII should be interesting.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Texas A & M...I guess you're OK. If you were, say, a Long Horns fan, I'd have to point out that beating in the Holiday bowl 3 years ago ;) .

The Ducks had a horrible second half to last season...have no idea why, but the one thing that they do is step up for the big games. Texas, Michigan State (5 yrs ago), Wisconsin (2 years ago), Michigan, Colorado (Fiesta Bowl 2 yrs ago), etc. were all supposed to wipe the floor with us. All were beat.

I love Saturdays from late August-December!

Last Saturday was great with the Ducks win, the MAC upsets, the OK players and their records. What a day!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mike,

Looks like we were both crying in our beer this weekend. I thought about this thread on Saturday when I was sitting in the stands. :crying:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Horrible weekend! 9 turnovers! We had NO (zero) interceptions all year and then threw SEVEN in that one game. Disgusting!

That's ok. 11-1 will be OK (ok, 12-1 with a bowl game). :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Mike,

You and I just need to stick to guns and Brads. Is it too early to start talking about next season?!? :puke:

·
Registered
84 Posts
You know guys I was staying out of tis since i'm a Michigan fan, but since we lost to iowa it was a bad Saturday. And now since my beloved Raiders lost to the bears it is now a horrible weekend. At least duck season opens this weekend, so i can take out my pain on the ducks and geese:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CAV said:
Hey Mike,

You and I just need to stick to guns and Brads. Is it too early to start talking about next season?!? :puke:
It's never too early to start talking about next year (especially the way the Ducks have played the last 2 games). :D

It's just like last year. They get off to a great start (6-0) Ranked #6, and then lost 6 out of 7. I think that they let all the hype get to their heads and then they can't correct it once they start to fall behind. They just panic. And break our hearts ;) .

I don't see any leadership during the bad times. When we win, everything is great, then when we lose, the fingers start pointing.

There's still alot more football. We can still salvage an 8 or 9 win season. The funny thing is...until about 8 years ago, a 6-5, 5-6, even a 4-7 season was to be celebrated. Now, with the recent successes and the national attention to the program, after every loss people are screaming for the coach's head. It's funny, yet sad. A lot of people have recently joined the bandwagon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What's up with college football this year??

Lots of upsets so far.........

The Top 25 polls look like an alien landscape! :alien: I mean, who the hell is N. Illinois???? :eek2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's great.

Unfortunately, Oregon State is now ranked so I have to listen to all these Beaver Fans talk smack. Bastages!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts