Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
460 Rowland does. Does 10mm,with a mere barrel swap, use low cost ammo? the .460 can,via using 45 ACP. . Does the 10mm use readily available, low cost components and mag? The 460 does. Does the 10mm Glock have a .22 unit available for it? A 9mm slide group for it? The 1911 460 does. Actually, you can nearly always get away with using .45 ACP ammo in the .460 Barrel, actually. The extractor holds the casehead back against the breechface, tight enough to get reliable firing. A great many ignorant people "think" otherwise, but that doesn't make it so. :)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Andy said:
Actually, you can nearly always get away with using .45 ACP ammo in the .460 Barrel, actually.
You do NOT need the .460 to drop a human. You're wasting a lot of time and effort based upon your own misconception and lack of knowledge about changes in ammo technology that occured while you were out of the loop.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
No, but you don't need that kind of power to drop someone either. I use 180 grain bullets at 1200 fps in my 10mm's and that seems to do the job quite well.

Mike

·
Registered
378 Posts
How come everyone who doesn't bow down to You is ignorant?, and why do You want to use wildcats with a can when "Dead is Dead" and it don't go no further than that. I cant see needing or wanting to use a round like that pre SHTF, and would have no use post SHTF. By your own admission the slugs are custom cast and then milled on both ends to achieve these speeds.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What about the S&W 610?Bore the cylinder out shoot 10mm mag.Blows 460 away.Keep it stock use 10mm & (cheaper)10mm short(40 S&W)
What's the problem?10mm is awesome!It's just not for everybody.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>, does the revolver hold 9 rds? does it have a .22 unit? a 9mm slide group? is it 7.8" long, weigh a mere 28 ozs, like the lw Commander? is it so slimit's easy to ccw under a t shirt?

Point IS, MILLIONS have a 45 ACP, and it's a LOT easier and cheaper to just have a spare barrel, in 460. instead of an entire slide group, ejector, mags, dies, component, etc, as is required if what a 10mm.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
But my 10mm holds 17 shots. That's a Glock 10mm with a plus 2 extension. And it is as light as any commander. Stone reliable, like they say, it 'works ever time'.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Or I can just stuff .45 Super in the Ruger if I want a turbocharged .45

Otherwise, I'll just shoot the .44 Magnum, or .454.

My life doesn't revolve around hoping that the world will end so no one can arrest me.

The full-bore 10mm is, and has always been a good defensive load, no need to blow up the gun trying to achieve uneeded velocity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts