Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when he writes of using 8 gr. of bullseye powder and it's inability to cycle a 9mm's slide? I think that use of such a load would probably not cycle said slide, but not for the reason he mentions. I think it would kaboom, if not initially, then fairly soon and then the weapon would surely not cycle. BTW I believe this is the forum (if any) to post such non-info.
SatCong

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Sounds to me like Andy is stressing the slide metal in a very dangerous manner. Even if he escapes injury anyone to the sides would probably be hit by the fragments. Bad ju-ju for sure.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Nope, no facts to back his bluster!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Not for a minute.

Here's the hole he has dug for himself. With all the threats, insults, documented lies, etc. He has little or no credibility left. Each rant just digs the hole deeper.

Even if he were correct in his post, no one will beleive him becuase of the things I mentioned above.

Having said that, we need to be diplomatic (not lower ourselves to the level of his rants) when we point out things like this.

Btw, I think this thread is a good example of challenging his claim without being nasty or a jerk about it.

:devil:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
8 grains of Bullseye in a 9mm sounds like a dangerous load to me. I have loaded up 9mms with 7 grains of Herco, which is a slower powder, and those were rather stout loads. In a H&K P7, it will destroy the brass because it will flow into the chamber grooves from the pressure, which makes them useless for reloading.

I haven't checked my reloading manuals to see what they recommend, but I have some older books which typically have more potent loads then the more recent manuals will show.

But maybe he is using a 40 grain aluminum bullet.....

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Well a 55 grain projectile certainly sounds feasible with that powder charge, in my opinion. My apologies. If all of the relevant posts would stay in a single thread, then perhaps I could follow all of the details about a given circumstance.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
rich, you've NEVER seen me advocate even BOTHERING to reload standard calibers, EXCEPT for super fast, super light bullet loads.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I never said 8 grs wouldn't cycle a 9mm slide. You are a LIAR. I said it wouldn't cycle a .45 slide, (with a hollowbased, 70 gr hp swc) BIG difference, dumbass

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Please detail your load data, cartridge case, primer, propellant, OAL, etc and the date you chronoed them. Or are you too lazy, inept, stupid and cheap to do it??

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Numbers mean more than words

Give us some numbers backed up by at least logic and mabye we can take you seriously for once. Words mean almost nothing when it comes to guns.

·
Registered
627 Posts
His credibility is completely shot. No doubt.
But there is some merit to his loading data with the zinc and tin loads. I have done similar tests and come to many of the same conclusions.
I have also tested alot of the RBCD rounds.
In this regard he is often misquoted.
That being said...would I fire a hot load out of a Star BM ? Not likely.
Is it possible...I believe so. I have found it difficult at times to gauge pressure signs in hi-vel, low weight rounds.
Would I spend hours case hardening parts and threading barrels on a Tp22 or Davis type .22lr auto...?
Or working on a Llama pistol?
Are you kidding me?
Everybody complains about Gunkid and responds to almost every post he makes with something to the effect that he is a prison bitch or etc.
It bores the hell out of me.
If you hate him so much, why do you all spend so much time talking shit to him, instead of blocking him from posting ?
Is it that you actually like the contention or the increased activity on your board ?
Why not block him? Multiple times if necessary.
You can tell its him, regardless of his handle, the first times he posts...
What ever happened to dont feed the trolls ?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Chippathingy, I can tell that you are a very sensitive individual. Perhaps Armslocker is not the place for you.

To add: If you had read any of the posts here you would already know that ignoring GK doesn't work. Look at Lucille's posts for answers to your questions.

I didn't mean to be short with you but since the post has been up I'll leave it and take whatever flak it brings.

RIKA

·
Registered
627 Posts
Being bored with the nonsense means I have a sore pussy ?
Please.
I didnt write "can we all get along" like some ultra liberal dumbass.

I said block. Not ignore ?

WTF ?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Chippathingy said:
If your reference is aimed toward me, it means nothing - less than nothing. Please try reading Lucille's posts before getting so hot and bothered. I said that I was sorry I was short, okay.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Chippathingy said:
Please.
I didnt write "can we all get along" like some ultra liberal dumbass.

I said block. Not ignore ?

WTF ?
Goofnuts won't get blocked because The Management says we're all guilty of the same crimes. Since we're pretty much stuck with him, most of us take a passing shot every once in a while...well, ok, more than once in a while. :nuts:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I am not all worked up.
I was typing very calmly, unfortunately you didn’t have the benefit of watching me...hehe

It was a genuine question, not an "attack" on anyone.

I have read the posts and I think it’s funny that management believes that some of you are guilty of the same crimes...
Sounds more like "I don’t want to deal with it, cuz I’m not a nursery school teacher."
I'll buy that...
But whatever, it isn’t my board to police either so it doesn’t really matter.

But my questions are still valid, and I stand behind my first post.

Try to read it again, without the emotional crap attached.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
No emotion Thingy, I am ice cold logic and respect your opinion.

RIKA

1 - 20 of 66 Posts