Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. You can get LOTS of nice hits with 380, 38 snub, Makarov, and have NO effect, WAY too high a percentace of the time. such loads, with good jhp's, hit about like .45 ball does, and that's NOTHING much. About like a Stinger from a .22 rifle barrel.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
May not matter to you, but it matters a whole hell of a lot to me and other people that actually shoot often. Stick with your cobbled up POS. I'll stick to good quality arms.

Mike

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shot a collie behind the foreleg, 6 ft out of car window

with 110 gr jhp 357, 1500 fps and 4" barrel. It ran around the back of car, and got its front feet up on the seat, driver's side. Had the door open. Had jumped out of the passenger side of the car, and was almost firing DA into the car, to stop him.

Also shot a big dog behind the foreleg, 200gr swc .45 ACP, 1000 fps. It ran and jumped into a 15 ft deep ditch, came up the side of the ditch, and was TRYING to charge, but he was so busted up that he could barely walk. So no, I AINT impressed with pistol loads that have a lousy 200-300 ft lbs of "power".

Also shot a cat with 250 gr Hornady (early, small hole hp) 4 3/4" Ruger, .45 L colt, 20 grs of 2400, in the gut. It ran, with no sign. Got a luck hit on the mover, chest, it ran in circles and fell.

Hit a SMALL dog with early Hornady 185 gr, small hole .45 ACP jhp, 15 grs of Unique, same .45 L Colt ruger. Itlooked up and walked away. Had to run it down and shoot it again. Still pretty poor effects. So a "big bore" doesn't impress me, either. If the bullet doesn't EXPAND, and if its load is not readilly controlable in a ccw gun, it's NOT very effective, at all. Yes, I've seen some good results with 240 gr jhp's, 1400 fps .44 mag, and 260 gr, 1200 fps .45 COLT .swc's, but such loads are also completelly uncontrolable in a ccw gun. so they are pointless. You might as well TALK about a 12 ga, cause you aint ANY more likely to have the .44 at hand than you are the 12 ga.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
u dont know what a gun is FOR, mikey. if it aint got POWER, it might as well be a .22, cause it's STILL just a joke. So why spend the extra money for practice ammo, stupid?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
u dont know what a gun is FOR, mikey. if it aint got POWER, it might as well be a .22, cause it's STILL just a joke. So why spend the extra money for practice ammo, stupid?
What good does power do you if you can't HIT with it stupid andy? Good for the collie. You shot him and he came around to the drivers side to get you. You were so SCARED that you piled out the passenger side. :laugh: :laugh:

Stick to those el-cheapo 'ho bought 22s that you love. Thats all the power an inept like you can handle. :nyah:

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
. You can get LOTS of nice hits with 380, 38 snub, Makarov, and have NO effect, WAY too high a percentace of the time. such loads, with good jhp's, hit about like .45 ball does, and that's NOTHING much. About like a Stinger from a .22 rifle barrel.

A 115gr .363" pre-frag, modern style hollowpoint moving at over 1000fps is anything but 'feeble' when it tears into your flesh or hits you in the head.

Look, if you don't know anyting about ballistics, all you have to do is be willing to learn and we'll teach you the basics and then some, no problem.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
You shot an animal in the gut (poor shot placement), or behind the foreleg (not sure what your point of aim or impact was - too vague)

What an idiot.

What a scumbag shooting people's pets. I guess it really made you fell like you had some power though...

MRostov, you're wasting your typing. reality and logic are lost on him.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
He thinks because he has shit shot placement, that the round is no good. Like .308s are no good because he shot a rabbit in the FOOT with one and it didn't expire on the spot.

Not to mention that the moron thinks .45 ACP hits like a Stinger. . .LOL

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
And the fantasy continues.............................

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Shot a collie behind the foreleg? What was gunkid doing, drive-by shootings?

Your a fucking liar, gunkid. And a stupid one to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts