Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIKA,

Have you (or anyone else for that matter) noticed when dog lies down they face north most all the time? Most of the dogs I've had all faced north when they lie down for a nap. I've heard its because they get better circulation that way but I can't figure out why. :cool:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Well,I'm not RIKA but I've three dogs laying around me know.1 North,1 South,& 1 South-East.

What does that mean?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Mine just kind of sprawl out whichever way they happen to be facing at the time.

Although I did notice that most beagles, including mine, will walk in a circle, counterclockwise 3-5 times before laying down.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
My dogs want to face the doorway of whatever room they are in. Since they are 2 Dobes and a Dobe wannabe (Lab) I guess maybe they are wanting to guard.

RIKA

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Magnum88C said:
Although I did notice that most beagles, including mine, will walk in a circle, counterclockwise 3-5 times before laying down.
Magnum,

I have noticed that ritual in the past too. (kind of like a last minute perimeter check before lying down).

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
"most beagles, including mine, will walk in a circle, counterclockwise 3-5 times before laying down"

They must be watchdogs...winding themselves (this was a funnier joke when we had to wind our wristwatches instead of waiting for the battery to die when we need it)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The Dobes just strreetch, head and shoulders down and butt up in the air. Then they plop on their bellys and roll over and go to sleep. Pleasure loving animals to the extreme.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I've read the circling thing is to do a last minute check for enemies and also to beat down a bedding area. Kind of makes sense. Mine circles her bed, but finally lay's down any old way.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
a mule,or donkey, does it[if you've ever watched] before they 'roll'

at least the one's i've studied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts