Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered when this law was past exactly how much it was going to be abused. A lot, as it turned out. Who new it was going to be retroactive? That's just wrong since a lot of lawyers suggested to their clients (both Male and Female) to plead guilty, pay a minimal fine and go on. I know of one case where a LEO was assaulted badly by his bi-polar Wife (bites, scratches, a mild concussion, etc.) all he did was hold her waiting for the police. He got charged, on advice pled guilty and lost his job a year later. The Wife later admitted guilt, but it still took him almost 18 Months to get re-instated. This is shaky ground for a everyone. A Wife or Husband may use this and later really regret it when the paychecks stop. It's why my Wife and I hit each other where the bruises don't show.

·
Registered
397 Posts
A lot of states all it takes is an order of protection, no conviction of anything, all guns are forbidden.

An example of the liberals' "common sense" gun laws.

DC

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
gun guys need to be 10x as careful who they live with as dudes who don't own a gun. and if things go south, you gotta either get her to leave early, or YOU leave early. If eithr one of you even raises your voice, much less a hand, it's time to separate, and I don't mean just to "cool off", either. I mean period, gone, it's over.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The constantly expanding definition of " prohibited person " is a huge problem.. I know what I went through. Even after I " won" I'm never 100% sure. And I didn't even come under Lautenberg- I had a bunch of not guilty's following a series of false charges that became indictments... Only conviction I have is a misdemeanor OUI from 1998 that I was reinstated for(FLRB). The problem arises for all concerned when CLEO's or other issuing authorities/ stateside NICS equivalents decide to come up with new " interpretation " do deny recognition of reinstatement, and feed you into the NICS database... THEN your work REALLY begins...its like putting out an oil well fire- after the fire is out you have to plug the wellhead to be certain they can't spark it up again..

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
have your atty officially notify your state]s AG, US Atty, ATF, FBI, your local DA, police chief, and sheriff and check into being able to SUE them, individually if they ignore your warning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts