Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
asshole. simple front kick or side thrust kick, a few hand strikes and blocks, simple ground-techniques. It's the building of CONFIDENCE that takes the months of hard work, really. Guys typically have the ABILITY to fight ok, in a 3-4 months, if they go at it right, under a proper teacher. However, it's more like 7-8 months before their MINDS grasp these facts (if indeed they EVER really do). :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
untrained man, attacking a trained man, is MAIMED in 1-2 seconds, if that's what the trained man wishes to happen. So much for "needing' lots of endurance. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Like so many pus-nut no-loads, sguirtgun, you, if you did indeed train in any way, missed the point entirely. Your body may be ready, but your mind, the real weapon, missed the bus.
SatCong

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
And the prison thug will pick the fight. Self esteem ya know.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Problem is, the guy that's going to send him packing with pieces missing is going to be the one he thinks is an easy mark.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You know,when I was incarcerated(falselly accused,found not guilty on all counts 6months later)I got reminded of things I'd already had ingrained into me by training and experience.Chiefly,that the real "firestarters"were also the real punks when it came down to it. The genuine article;murder machines on feet said nothing to or about anyone.Violate their space: no one woulwould see anything;everyone kind of had that same look/demeanor the day after the sky fell.....puzzled shock.
Trained and/or experienced guys usually don't telegraph anything;either with their mouth, their attitude/body english,or anything. The genuine badasses were always kinda blurry uless you were looking right at them or speaking with them.
training is part of the equation;physical/mental toughness matters at least as much.The old saw"will can stomp skill"is still true.I've seen more guys(including the self described tough guys)get hurt or worse simply because they stopped halfway....the other guy did'nt. :punch: :erm: :laugh01:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Poor victim selection, Magnum. That's going to be gunkids mistake (we all know the SHTF is a pipe-dream, but gunkid is oneday going to belive his own bs.)

I bet he harrases an old lady and she decks him (if it already hasn't happened and that's why he is so disrespectful to women here.)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
DJetAce said:
I bet he harrases an old lady and she decks him (if it already hasn't happened and that's why he is so disrespectful to women here.)

Mean like that one skit on the Sci-Fi channel with the old lady and the two punks?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Does he take application's for victims, and then screen them out, like a job interview? How does he determine who's is trained vs untrained? I would be willing to bet that a wrong selection is coming up soon. Sounds like a recipie underestimation of opponent+ overestimation of self skills= Arsewhoopin in the park. I always assume that if I am forced into a fight everyone around me is atleast as good as I am. I dont give any slack and expect none in return, plus I don't stir the honey pot so I don't get bothered because its just not worth the effort.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Half elf said:
Does he take application's for victims, and then screen them out, like a job interview? How does he determine who's is trained vs untrained? I would be willing to bet that a wrong selection is coming up soon. Sounds like a recipie underestimation of opponent+ overestimation of self skills= Arsewhoopin in the park. I always assume that if I am forced into a fight everyone around me is atleast as good as I am. I dont give any slack and expect none in return, plus I don't stir the honey pot so I don't get bothered because its just not worth the effort.
It fits with his general survival strategy. You ever notice how everyone is more inept than he is. How everyone else will be standing in the open, won't have this, can't do that, etc. When shtf?

He is in for a very rude awakening.

I have the same strategy - assume everyone is as good or even better than you are - when they aren't, it's a bonus. When they are, you already factored that into the mix...

:devil:

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Untrained man is an adult, has brain and uses it, has watched TV before, sees brick, picks up brick, sneaks up on trained man while trained man is sleeping and smashes brick as hard as possible into trained mans head a few times. Trained man and all his training not worth much if untrained man is a treacherous and SOB. There are lots of people out there whom you should never, ever, underestimate.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Aslan said:
assume everyone is as good or even better than you are - when they aren't, it's a bonus. When they are, you already factored that into the mix...
See here, I thought I made that one up! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts