Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic and link to the new DMPS drop in .22 unit for the AR-15. It's evidently an all steel copy (polymer mags) of the old Colt R-6222 drop in unit and the mags are interchangeable with the old Colt units. The mags are the same mags also used with the DPMS/Panther Arms .22LR AR-15 dedicated uppers.

After doing some checking, the polymer 10 round mags for this unit are quite plentiful and even outfits like Midway carry them. I'll bet that getting a quality, reliable DPMS unit will be a lot less of a crap shoot than with a Ciener.

My next .22LR unit will be one of these. It's DPMS product code is BCBA-22M.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=BCBA-22M

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hmmm. Wonder if DPMS will offer 30rd mags. Please give us a review when you receive it.

Is there a clear advantage to the DPMS unit over a good Ciener unit?

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raider said:
Is there a clear advantage to the DPMS unit over a good Ciener unit?

RIKA
Consistency in quality control for one thing. It's copied off the Colt unit so it's not a new design.

That and the fact that the DPMS units will probably become far more common than the Ciener. It uses the same parts and mags as the Panther Arms dedicated .22LR upper for the AR-15.

The mags are already WAY more available than the Ciener and quite a few outfits are selling them. The cheapest price I found on a quick search was $23.

As for the 30 round mags, dunno, not all that concerned about it as all I use the .22LR for is hunting and plinking, but a 30 rounder would be nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.