Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've driven 4hours each way, to DOZENS of shooting matches. That guys "think" such amove constitute's "shtf" is amark of how LAME they really are.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so why CAN'T you just load it all up and drive it away, hmm? If you can't, that's YOUR mistake.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
What are you talking about. Your message is garbled and broken ... Please take a deep breath and try to give us a coherent post. We aren't mind readers you know.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's IN shtf forum, and the other posts above it explain it just fine, to anyone who can read.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I assume that you're talking about people leaving Florida. While a 200 mile drive isn't a big deal, many people won't leave their homes. The death and destruction, power outages, potential looters etc could turn their lives into a mini shtf or as close as they'll ever know. I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss them because most are prepared and capable of taking care of themselves. Besides, its their choice. No big deal.

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
223 fan said:
so why CAN'T you just load it all up and drive it away, hmm? If you can't, that's YOUR mistake.
Yeah, right. I have thousands of animals here, and a lifetime of possessions, many of which are irreplaceable. Just to move the building that contains my animals, cages, tools, guns, reloading gear, ammo, and associated gear would take weeks to accomplish. Then I have the house to deal with. Just my library alone would be a major job to pack up and move.

I don't know how many people have the lifestyle where they can throw everything they own into a pickup truck and move 200 miles, but I certainly am not one of them.

If Ivan becomes a category 5 storm again while in the Gulf of Mexico and is headed directly for me, trying to pick the things to save and which ones to leave behind will be some very tough choices. MOST will have to be left behind. For me, personally, this will definitely be a SHTF situation, as there is a good chance I would lose everything I couldn't take with me.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Frances was well over 400 miles across. Mos to fthe people who evacuated got hit anyway. It covered all of FL, went into AL and Ga and is still pissing on the Carolinas and causing flooding all the way up into New York. 200 miles won't get you out of that.

GunKid's idea of an overnight, worldwide SHTF will never happen, so what he considers SHTF is irrelevant. A big hit by a hurricane IS a SHTF situation. People didn't start dying off. FL still has mor ethan 99% of its game animals. People did NOT flee the cities for the country, if anything, it was the opposite. As I stated before, FEMA DID come in and hand out ice, food and rations, which the short bus rider thought wouldn't happen.

·
Registered
9,607 Posts
Here we are discussing Gunkid personal beliefs. Where he believes you are stupid to own anything that won't fit on your back. Gunkid, just cause you don't care when you go back to butt f**k heaven, doesn't mean everyone else does. Just because you wasted your life, doesn't mean that we did. Obviously we have higher standards than you do. We have built things with our lives, you haven't. Thats a fact! Broaden you horizons gunkid. Many different things can go wrong in life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts