Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've banned black powder around here because its too dangerous and can be made into bombs. Duhh! I can still all the Bullseye smokeless that I want. I can still buy Pyrodex but it doesn't have the same effect.

What a tard law.

RIKA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,130 Posts
What a bunch of putz's.

In all TX or just your county or city?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
That would kill me. Most of my shooting is black powder.

That's a stupid law. Gas is just as dangerous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,890 Posts
WTF?
Yes blackpowder is an explosive, but come on.
Is that a city ordnance? What the hell happened to Texas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
That's totally stupid, you can make blackpowder with matches and chracoal. And gasoline is a much fiercer (and deadly) explosive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,779 Posts
Black Powder and Composition C4 Plastic Explosive are both classed as 1.1D explosives and can accomplish about the same thing, depending on the degree of confinement and the amount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Garand said:
Black Powder and Composition C4 Plastic Explosive are both classed as 1.1D explosives and can accomplish about the same thing, depending on the degree of confinement and the amount.
Garand, not argueing but just asking. I thought Black Powder was classified as a low explosive and C4 as a high explosive because it has a lot more brisiance. Guess it depends on how they are used.

RIKA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,779 Posts
In order to transport and store explosives safely, to one standard around the world, all countries have adopted 1 standard of Divisions and compatibility groups. "1.1" is the Division, "D" is the Compatibility Group
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
rika order it over the net. they'll deliver it ups no problem. thats how i got mine. just be sure to order enough to last a while. :cool:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,467 Posts
great THREAD!, its been pulled off the shelves for a 'few' years now.
my last [1]lb. score came out of the LAND-FILL at the paint repository!

go-figure!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,467 Posts
Garand said:
In order to transport and store explosives safely, to one standard around the world, all countries have adopted 1 standard of Divisions and compatibility groups. "1.1" is the Division, "D" is the Compatibility Group
great posting GARAND !,,,but i'm thinkin' it's a u.n. plac-card, and not a "world-wide" achievement!
don't 'buy' into,,,,what ,,,,THEY,,,,want ,,,,YOU,,to think!



just some professional advice, although, it's what 'yer' taught!



:wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,779 Posts
Brass, question, how many countries are members of the UN????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,467 Posts
now, LAWERANCE?,,,is this a trivia question?, or are you needin' help/brought-up! to SPEED! :nyah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I am sorry that thay have baned black pouder whare you are. Thay havent baned black pouder whare i live but the perments and shipping cost have got so expensive that the only place here has stoped selling it.but he still sells smokeless pouder and pyrodex.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Hi I thought I'd let your know while BP is hard to find in Texas and most state due to Federal regs. It can be ordered in bulk and shipped to your address. By law you can order up to 25 pounds and store up to 50 if you have someplace safe to store it. Due to the hazmat free ups charges buying it lots of 15 or more pounds keeps the price about that of Pyrodex. This information is less than a year old but knowing the Feds they may have changed it since then. I can try and find some links to suppliers if ya'll want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Boonie said:
Hi I thought I'd let your know while BP is hard to find in Texas and most state due to Federal regs. It can be ordered in bulk and shipped to your address. By law you can order up to 25 pounds and store up to 50 if you have someplace safe to store it. Due to the hazmat free ups charges buying it lots of 15 or more pounds keeps the price about that of Pyrodex. This information is less than a year old but knowing the Feds they may have changed it since then. I can try and find some links to suppliers if ya'll want.
IIRC to have more than 25lb you need a BTAFE LEUP (Low Explosives User's Permit) and have to have an approved Magazine to store the powder in...even for 25lb lots you might (and if they wont sell it retail in your state, probably) run afoul of some local Fire Marshall's rules about storage of explosives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I've talked to people who routinely order 15-25 pounds for themselves and their shooting buddies last year. As for the Fire Marshall I doubt he would have much to say outside of city limits. I should have contributed to the last order they made and stocked up 3 or 4 pounds but I found a gunsmith who was giving up his old personal supply at cost. I generally plink with Pyrodex and do my serious shooting and hunting with GOEX bp.

You are probably right about storage of bp up to 50 pounds. The Feds are such a PITA sometimes.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,467 Posts
I COPY!'boonie' even though the 'FED's' are the "trigger-pullin'FAIRIYS"[I,E,
THE hand-down OF THE 'CLINTON'-SEVERED COCK-SUCKERS']

AT LEAST, WER'E,,, NOT 'SWEATIN' THEM 'fer a while'

[THINK WHAT YOU WISH/UPON 'ME' reply] :dgrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
NO, gasoline is not nearly as dangerous. Only PETN is brizzant enough to truly and reliably detonate gasoline, and if gas is just set afire, there's almost no blast effect at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Now, ACETYLENE bottles, especially along WITH oxygen bottles to enhance the effect, THERE's some explosive force for you, easily stolen by the truckload, too. Wrap a nice big pipe bomb full of bullseye nest to those cylinders of gas, with the pipe segmented by grooved ground into, with a Pyrodex core inside the Bullseye, and an inkpen coil spring in that core, rigged to an egg timer and a motorcycle battery, you've got something going on. the battery will make that coil spring get white hot and melt.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top