Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one dumbass "thinks' ak bullets weigh 147 grs. The velocity is at most 100 fps, and bullet wt is 130 grs. 25 ft lbs, whoopee. As General hatcher said, MIGHT kill you, if you were looking skyward and got hit right in the eyeball. Otherwise, it's just going to raise a nasty welt.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You're wrong about the velocity.

From Hatcher
"Calculations indicate that the 150-grain .30-caliber Serice bullet fired straight up at a muzzle velocity of 2700 feet per second will rise 9000 feet, taking about 18 seconds to do it; and that it takes 31 seconds to return to eart, the last few thousand feet of the fall being at a nearly constant speed of a bit over 300 feet per second"

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Well dipstick, during my 2nd tour in the Middle East, the scariest moment was being near a freaken Egyptian wedding. Generally there were at least 2 killed from 7.62x39 being fired in the air. But they look at it as "The will of Allah". Shit for brains, if you had ever served your country with out your head up your ass, pounding your puppy, you might know these things

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
We have something here called "Shannon's Law", while I realize you have zero respect for any law, this law was passed because of a girl killed by one of your harmless falling bullets....

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Sigh.

:devil:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Being shown to be wrong and not coming back to post on the thread.

That's SOP for this guy right?

The problem with the entire falling bullet deal is that the falling bullets that kill or injure people aren't usually fired straight up (exactly 90 degrees to the ground) so they don't go straight up and straight down, they're fired at less than 90 degrees thus they have velocity beyond that provided by gravity and retarded by air resistance.

The fact is people do die from bullets fired into the air.

Research plunging fire sometime, I guess your vast military education skipped that concept, or maybe you were out kicking a dog that day.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You know, its really sad that andy has such a low level of self esteem that he has to start out his posts by calling everyone dumbasses and pos in order to make himself feel good.

Of course that usual and customary for a convicted felon.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Glanced through the latest issue of Soldier of Fortune and they have a picture of a small Iraqi girl being treated by US Navy surgeons at a field hospital after being hit in the head by a falling 7.62x39mm round.

OK, let's just say, for arguement's sake that the falling .30 caliber bullet is only packing the 25ft/lbs that JD claims, that's still like getting hit in the head with a ball peen hammer.

It's for good reason that people in war zones tend to wear helmets.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bs, If i hit you in the head with a ball peen hammer, the top of your head will be down by your CHIN. There'd be no treating you. Bs on your claim about 300 fps, too. Hatcher said that the 06 bullets only put small DENTS in 1" pine boards, that were put over the belt fed pits. The 50 cal bullets, tho, came THRU the boards. 300 fps with a 170 gr would be about 300 ft lbs, and that would go thru a 1" pine board, even butt first. You are NEVER going to prove me wrong. all you CAN do is lie about it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
bs, If i hit you in the head with a ball peen hammer, the top of your head will be down by your CHIN.
Naw, I'd just back up until you were out of breath and collapsed in your own tracks, doubled over, huffing for air :)

You're using screwed up data and drawing the wrong conclusions (go figure). I know for a fact that a falling .45 bullet can put someone in the hospital.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
andy said:
bs, If i hit you in the head with a ball peen hammer, the top of your head will be down by your CHIN. There'd be no treating you. Bs on your claim about 300 fps, too. Hatcher said that the 06 bullets only put small DENTS in 1" pine boards, that were put over the belt fed pits. The 50 cal bullets, tho, came THRU the boards. 300 fps with a 170 gr would be about 300 ft lbs, and that would go thru a 1" pine board, even butt first. You are NEVER going to prove me wrong. all you CAN do is lie about it.
Prove you wrong? Every member of this Forum that has cared to, has proven you wrong. What about Glock's, Makarov's, Mauser's and Mosin-Nagant's are POS on this board, but they are what you, as an "expert" recommend on another board. Sniping at 100 yards with a .22 pocket pistol with a homemade silencer? Sure, john, you have never been proven wrong.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bs on your claim about 300 fps, too. Hatcher said that the 06 bullets only put small DENTS in 1" pine boards, that were put over the belt fed pits. The 50 cal bullets, tho, came THRU the boards. 300 fps with a 170 gr would be about 300 ft lbs, and that would go thru a 1" pine board, even butt first. You are NEVER going to prove me wrong. all you CAN do is lie about it.
Listen you fucking little pipsqueak twerp.

I went to the book case, grabbed my third editon copy of Hatccher's Notebook Library of Congress Catalog Number 62-12654 and quoted directly from page 516, Chapter XX Bullets from the Sky

"Calculations indicate that the 150-grain .30-caliber Serice bullet fired straight up at a muzzle velocity of 2700 feet per second will rise 9000 feet, taking about 18 seconds to do it; and that it takes 31 seconds to return to eart, the last few thousand feet of the fall being at a nearly constant speed of a bit over 300 feet per second"

This post, along with many many others, has proven you to be wrong and to be a liar.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Once again, GunKid puts a bit of his anatomy in the cyber grinder...

The thing is, once shown to be wrong (as usual) he will pretend the thread doesn't exist, and deny he's ever been wrong about anything....

Sigh.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Might want to re-check your calcs (or mine).

I show 170 grains @ 300 fps to be only 34 ft/lbs (not 300), and 170gr @ 100 fps to be only 3.8 ft/lbs.

Could be wrong on this, but I thought .30 military bullets were 150's, not 170...? If so, 300 fps would be right at 30 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
irregardless, what Hatcher SAID was that the falling o6 bullets were non-lethal, 1/3rd less AK bullets will be 1/3rd less so, too. Yeah, John, I got my decimal pts off by 1 place.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My overall point is proven 30 ft lbs is not a lethal strike, with a bullet that's falling butt first.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
They can be dangerous if they hit you in the head, which becomes a greater percentage of your exposed body to a falling object.

Though the chances of this occuring are normally rare, they become greatly increased during times of strife and/or civil conflict. Civilians are often the ones casualtied with head wounds in modern conflict from falling projectiles since they are seldom wearing a helmet.

HW McBride (WWI) was heading to the rear one time with some men when one of his men though he got a scratch on his thigh from some barbed wire. Turns out he had an 8mm bullet lodged just beneath the skin. They were about 2 miles from the nearest German position.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Gunkid says:

Bs on your claim about 300 fps, to.... 300 fps with a 170 gr would be about 300 ft lbs, and that would go thru a 1" pine board, even butt first.

And Hatcher says... nearly constant speed of a bit over 300 feet per second"

So who is the liar? Hatcher or gunkid? Who has all the experience and data? Hatcher of couse. Gunkid has zero, as usual.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
erika/gunkid has never lived in the real world, some of us have!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts