Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
targets makes them capable of hitting DODGING, cover using men. A head on prone man is a 10" circle as a target, basically. that's a LOT harder to hit (reliably) than is a 17"x42" Crazy Ivan silohuette, and Teuf's klutzes cant even hit the Crazy Ivans at 400 yds, with any reliability, using 308 ball ammo and typical batte rifles. :) The guys are all too cheap and lazy to dig a pit and have a guy dodging in it, with a realistic 12" x 24" torso, on a conduit, held overhead. If they weren't, they'd KNOW that they can't reliably hit (ie, more than 50% of their shots) such a mark beyond 200m. Make it darkness, (isomg flares) and have to do it without ear protection, and they'll miss it a LOT at 100m, too. Put some bullets past their ears, kick dirt in their face with near misses, and they'll miss it a lot at 50m. Make it dark of the moon, or overcast, and they will miss it most of the time at 50m. :) So much for "needing" more range than the shorty 223 offers. Just because YOU'd be stupid enough to attack guys in daylight doesn't mean intelligent men will do such a thing.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The professional soldiers MISS alot too.

I remember reading that at the end of the Viet Nam war, the logistics people divided
the number of rounds fired / total enemy casualties (estimated) and found that it took 1 MILLION rounds per hit. That seems high, until I realized the miniguns used, mg's firing blindly from huey's, etc.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
One thing that I appreciate from andy is that he always comes on as the "Old Pro'. He sounds like he has been to all the training classes, has seen all kinds of armed conflict and has even been in combat. Too bad its all lies.

Except for his time in prison I think that he actually has less experience at real life including dangerous conflicts than almost anyone else here, including me. People who have "been there and done that" don't go bragging about it. Any advice they offer is in a quiet and thoughtful kind of way. They don't shout it as if it was a pronouncement from God.

Andy, your own mouth proves that you are a total phoney with almost no real experience about the things you bleat about.

So STFU

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
A 50% hit rate favors the defenders. (We've been through this before, but simple math is beyond Andy's comprehension)

He also doesn't understand the mechanisms of stress and training. He simply assumes everyone will behave the way he does under stress (Right sir shakes alot?),

Different people will respond differently. However, it comes down to training. Training and muscle memory paly heavily when the fight or flight response kicks in.

More training is a good thing. If you don't keep up the training, you will lose skills.

The round count figure is skewed for other reasons too, as it also included ammo that was destroyed / abandonded, etc.

Look at more modern conflicts, like somalia and you will see that the ammo per kill is much lower. But you still have to factor in tactics, like cover fire, suppressive fire, and mini-guns, saws, etc.

Andy likes to ignore the details and make sweeping generalizations.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hasher said:
Yes Prison Bitch shut your piehole.,
Damn, I can't think of anything better, or more complementary to say ...

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure out the point of that dribble!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Aslan,I gotta concur with you on muscle memory.My oiwn experience(in close scrapping,unarmed,blunt instruments,sharp implements)has reinforced this;muscle memory,gamenewss,physical toughness can often carry you thru a lot.I'm not advocating" no training/bad training";but what I mentioned earlier in this post coupled with a willingness to get in close somertimes helps cancel a "technique /skill" advantage from the other guy.Will running over skill,huh?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
As the sage once said, it's 90% mental, the other 50% is skill...

:devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts