Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Uhhh, okay. andy starts a new thread to answer an old thread. GK, the post count king.

Now as for obsolete. Some of the guns Garand has are a Colt Combat Commander, an AR15 and an M1A. None of those can be considered obsolete so your post can be dismissed as delusional.

Garand wins, you lose ... as usual.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And if gunkid 'thinks' its the top pick, we all know it's a POS weapon only a idiot on Haldol would pick. Gunkid=(idiot+Haldol)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
From what I've read, Garand OWNS GunKid with just about every single post. Does that mean GunKid's obsolete?

:devil:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Nice game gun, good for jungle and fair weather urban work. Obsolete, once the 6.8 becomes a standard cartridge, who knows? But the rifle below isn't worth a shit past 100 meters.

By the way, isn't it amazing the toys you can legally own?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Nothing is more obsolete than a would be 'survivalist' who's knowledge and thinking is perpetually stuck in the 1970's.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Garand said:
...But the rifle below isn't worth a shit past 100 meters.

Be nice now. If your gun's not good past 100 meters, it needs checking into accuracy-wise, because it's still got something like a thousand foot-lbs at that distance. :nyah:

I took a small deer at 80 meters or more last Sunday with my shorty, and it dropped like a white house intern. :eatpointe

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
John in AR did you not get your deer UNDER 100 meters? Hmmm? I have said before in a temperate climate in urban combat or jungle warfare or gun games the AR does have its advantages. Its damn good against hostile, assaulting gophers and aggressive bowling pins also!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Rowane said:
To me, the M1 Garand will always be the epitome of combat rifles, But that's just MHO
I see we have a new member who possesses a keen taste in firearms! :D

Welcome aboard the crazy train!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Welcome Rowane

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
100 Meters for an AR-15? I disagree with that totally. An AVERAGE shooter should be knocking down 3/4 silhoutte targets out to three hundred Meters 8 times out of 10. On a standing, man size target, they should be scoring 6 to 7 times out of 10. This is with a full size 20" AR-15. Even with a 16" carbine I would not say your safe at 300 Meters.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Terry, check the gun, its a 14.5" Armalite M15A2 (LE). In the past I have shot Service rifle with an Olympic AR15 with a 20" barrel out to 500 yds on a non windy day rather successfully. I have a 6 MOA Bushnell 1x23mm Red Dot scope currently mounted on the 14.5" rifle. Last year I shot a match where I had to engage 10 bowling pins at 200 meters. I got smoked easily with that 14.5" rifle, but I had a lot of fun anyways.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Is the M1A/M14 really obsolete? Hah, the US Army wouldn't go to war with obsolete firearms!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Melvin, this picture was taken at match on 9 April 2017, exactly 100 years to the day after a Canadian soldier went "Over the Top" with it on 09 April 1917, at Vimy Ridge on the Western front. During the match it functioned flawlessly much like it probably did 100 years before. Only problem was with the tiny sights they used back then. So is this "obsolete"? It works.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts