Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after you fire your first shot (at most) or a stage of fire has NOTHING to do with reality. Nobody's going to be just STANDING there more than 1.5 seconds after hearing your first shot. So to PRETEND that you are going to have a STATIONARY, frontal, fully-exposed target for longer than that is just bs. When these realistic requirements are met, u'll find OUT that the ranges have to be VERY close, or you'll be unable to hit more than one guy. Doing more is just outside the realm of reliable human performance, ie, LUCK if and when it happens. Sure, you can get LUCKY. If you are LUCKY, you wont need a gun at ALL.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
andy said:
after you fire your first shot (at most) or a stage of fire has NOTHING to do with reality. Nobody's going to be just STANDING there more than 1.5 seconds after hearing your first shot. So to PRETEND that you are going to have a STATIONARY, frontal, fully-exposed target for longer than that is just bs. When these realistic requirements are met, u'll find OUT that the ranges have to be VERY close, or you'll be unable to hit more than one guy. Doing more is just outside the realm of reliable human performance, ie, LUCK if and when it happens. Sure, you can get LUCKY. If you are LUCKY, you wont need a gun at ALL.
How would you know? Ever heard of "freezing" under fire? Happens all the time in the reaL world. I've seen it in the military and also seen armed felons go into a catatonic state when THEY were shot at. The dumb look on their faces is priceless. It's like "Hey, wait a minute, you mean I can get shot?"

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Please detail your combat experience gunkid/erika where you experienced this fact. Independent verification would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Freezing in one spot like a deer in the headlights is a fairly normal reaction. Why do you think military and law enforcement trainers emphasize, move, move, move???

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for the DEFENDER, when he's attacked by surprise, yes

but not for the attacker, who HAS ALREADY opened the ball. Those who DONT freeze aint standing there for more than 3/4 second, tops, after heariing a shot. The 1.5 second time I put-forward is allowing for this. Staying iin place any longer than that, ONLY luck is going to save you.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy, your argument is always more impressive with imaginary statistics or those gleaned from old magazines. You know nothing. I will take the word of those with experience and genuine training.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've seen 7 differient videos of store owners and their help shooting it out with bgs and they stood still and shoot the robbers right there.

I've also seen two police car videos where they police shot while moving and could not connect with any shot.

Funny thing is gunkid was a IPSC man when IPSC was all speed rigs and standing still with targets that stood still, yet I'm in IPSC NOW were we run and gun just about half of the stages. And in IDPA we just about always are on the move in the stages.

Looks like it's gunkid that's the one who is out of date.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Gunki/erika, please provide us with the results of all the IPSC matches that you took when you allegedly shot a handgun last time in 1998. With independent verification, of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts