Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 Gauge takedown series made aprox 1928- with "E" suffix- will chamber both 12 gauge 2&3/4" AA and Rem STS target loads, but fired shells hang-up on the front of the receiver port and will not eject. Any ideas. Same shells fired in a 1921 12 gauge Model 12- work like gangbusters- even reloads.:bow01:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Chamber length? About that time, Winchester was chambering some guns for 2 5/8" shells. 2 3/4" will chamber and fire, but cause other problems.

DC

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Model 12 (I have 6 of 'em) was always chambered in 12 gauge since 1914 at 2&3/4"- even when std 12 paper shells were 2&5/8"- with the older pie crimps- I think the ejection port radius may be the problem, AA and STS plastic shells have stiff "folds" in their crimp when fired- but time will tell-

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
extractor tension, is weak, extractor hook or ejector damaged, and I'd look REALLY closely at the chamber, to see if it's roughed up or corroded, or even just stained. that thing may well have seen a lot of paper shells that got damp while duck hunting.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
I'm shooting 2 Winchester 97's in Cowboy action, a 1906/1910 (mix master)and a 1913 and both work flawlessly with both Winchester AA & Winchester Universal ammo. Mind you I did have extraction problems with Federal shot shells. Have you polished the chamber to allow smoother extraction? That might be part of the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts