Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering the advantages and disadvantages of electric cars. Petrolium can easily be in short supply so no matter how awsome your vehicle is it doesn't go to far out of gas and fuel storage is problematic compared to a a secluded place with solar panels, windmill or water wheel power generation. On the other side accleration and torque were lacking in electric cars as well as some maintanence issues. Anyone looked into this, thoughts?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are you talking short or long term SHTF?

Like anything fairly complicated spare parts are needed if long term.

Not ruling it out but you have to count the total cost to get the results you want beside the initial vehicle performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
electric cars may be an option, but if the situation lasts that long to where gas/diesel aren't available, moving around in an electric car could make you a very desireable target. :crap:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was considering the advantages and disadvantages of electric cars. Petrolium can easily be in short supply so no matter how awsome your vehicle is it doesn't go to far out of gas and fuel storage is problematic compared to a a secluded place with solar panels, windmill or water wheel power generation. On the other side accleration and torque were lacking in electric cars as well as some maintanence issues. Anyone looked into this, thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't risk being on a road, post shtf, at any point, for many years, in daylight, or at night using conventional lighting. Doing such things is virtually guaranteed to get you shot at. Off road, via mountain bicycle, probablly at night, using solar recharged NVD goggles is about your only realistic hope. Horses are a huge pain in the butt, and will almost certainly all be shot and eaten, if shtf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts