Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rifle,tho. Scope has some use, both for foraging and sniping, but mostly belongs in a hard belt case, for use as a substitute for binocs, because you should AVOID being in the open, in daylight. I favor used Leupolds, at no more than 25%of retail cost, usually found at gunshows and stripped off of a rifle there. The 2x7 Compact is the choice for the shtf CAR-15. Normally, when on the rifle, it's left on 2x, for the wide field of view and speed of hitting. I favor a simple Duplex x hair, with its potential for use as a rangefinder. If such a simple "ranging" method doesn't suffice, it's a shot you probably shouldn't be taking, as a civilian survivalist, with ANY rifle,much less an 11" CAR-15 223.

· Banned
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only if the guy holds STILL, in daylight

in open country, and if he's that stupid, he's no threat to you anyway. I'm safer to shoot at somebody at 300m with a CAN on the CAR, than you are at 600m with a noisy 308, even the M1A, and I'm a LOT more likely to get the HIT, too. If you dont HAVE to hit, why shoot, hmm? Especially when the noise is likely to just create MORE problems.

Also, dummy, neither one of those sights is ELECTRONIC.

· Banned
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
u aint been around a GOOD one, cause

it's VERYT hard to tell where a shot from a GOOD can came from. I never said other guns can't outreach an 11' CAR. I said the surivalist doesn't HAVE to reach any further, so why LIMIT yourself to the guns that can do so? they CAN'T do other things that DO need doing, like concealing,and being handy with a good can attached. Regardless of what the GUNS can do, simply staying staying in either thick cover or darkness means you don't HAVE to shoot at more range than the CAR offers, and the can means that the "shootees' have no CLUE where you are. Sonic crack is as likely to point them 90 degrees to one side or the other as it is to point them at the suppressed shooter. I'm TELLING you, man, a GOOD can on an 11" 223 makes less than HALF the noise of a .22 rifle using subsonics. It has about the noise of a CB Cap from .22 pistol, but "flatter" sounding, less of a "carrying", location-determining sort of a sound. Guys TRY to blow a LOT of smoke up everyone's ass about how their "k" baffles, etc are "so efficient. I'm TELLING you, annealed bronze screen wire "donuts, in the rear half of the can, aluminum screen in the front, a "sleeved" can, rear half of inner tube vented into the "sleeve" area, and washers interspersed with the donuts, makes a VERY effective can, and the baffles and washers are SIMPLE to make.

· Banned
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, sure, all the local men will ABANDON

their families, to chase a will o the wisp for weeks on end, HALF of them being silently shot, while their famiilies fall victims to OTHER predator types. You are so fos that I can smell you from here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.