Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Elmer wanted more velocity, even with swc's

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Magnum88C 
#1 ·
ya know. :) he was NOT happy with having a mere 800-900 fps with .44 Special swc's. He wanted 1200 fps, for several good reasons.

Discussion starter · #2 ·
Elmer said you had to have 1000 fps to get even a DEAD SOFT lead .44 hp to expand well in flesh. SOMEHOW, tho, magical JACKETED hp, with MUCH smaller nose cavities, in 9mm and .38 special, "work fine" at 900 fps. :) Not on any animals I've shot with them, they don't. Sometimes they work OK at 1100 fps, if aluminum or nylon jacketed, but I want 1300 fps for copper jackets. In .45, 1100 fps seems to work ok with copper jackets, but 1200 fps is better. That's why, especially in the alloy compact 1911's, the 160gr bullets are the way to go. You can get them to 1100 fps in the ccw guns, and still control them at high ratesof fire.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
so HOW is their LEAD core, ANY softer than DEAD SOFT lead cast bullets, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>? you are fos, suckered in by the jhp makers. What they claim is NOT true, and I can PROVE it, on animals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.