·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:hot: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hot:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Oh come on,what's wrong with it?Maybe a little forend heavy maybe but so what?
Besides,@ what $50-60 bucks we could all have a half dozen & bubba-one-up.

It's not like it's an 03A3.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
By cutting back the old muzzle, Bubba may have just made that weapon a bit more accurate if he crowned it properly.

·
Registered
779 Posts
mrostov said:
By cutting back the old muzzle, Bubba may have just made that weapon a bit more accurate if he crowned it properly.

True IF he did it right. His gun, his choice but considering the muzzle blast they have with the standard short barrel, he can now shoot and cook the deer at the same time. :laugh01:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Well, at least it wasn't an 03 Springy but I hate what he did to the rifle. For $200 he could have bought a commercial rifle to sporterize.

Did you read his comment that he had to "use a C-clamp to press the action into the stock"? Quality gunsmithing there bubba.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Granted, it's not all his fault. The previous dipdunk had already bubba'd the stock and ground off the bayonet lug to try to "sporterize" it. I seriously doubt the crown job was anything to write home about, what with doing it on a hand grinder and using a SCREW with lapping compound. . .

I just never understood the STUPID idea of sporterizing military rifles. If you want a sporter, buy one. Savage make damn inexpensive rifles, that tend to be VERY accurate, if you have to go on the cheap.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I definitely agree with Magnum88C. I own a quite a few military surplus firearms, (I don't like calling them milsurps, it reminds me of someone drooling) and have never "customized" one of them. It's your firearm to do what you want with, but if you want a "sporter" leave the SMLE's, Trapdoor Springfields, Krag's, and '03 Springfields alone. That's history your taking your hacksaw to. I would just as soon deface a classic car.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kinda like putting Civic sheet metal on a '69 GT500 eh?

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I 'have To' Jump In!

as i own an o3 remington FACTORY 1942 'SHARPSHOOTER' 30-06

by santa fe div. golden state arms corp.

it is head and shoulders above rack grade 'war issue' and WILL shoot to prove it!

thanks.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
As one who both has and likes the scout concept, I've gotta add:

Looks like Bubba has created a tougher-than-nails, .30-06-equivalent, ain't-never-gonna-break, "scout" rifle that will take any game in North America, can be fed for a fraction of what most rifles require, and will most likely outlast his grandkids.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having a half dozen of those, along with a couple cheap cases of ammo "socked away". :cool:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So buy a barreled action and build one . . . :nyah:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I gues "sporterizing" is the @sshole's way of saying "remove all utility from the object of sporterization".....ya mon, I like the milsurps for a lot of reasons. And WTH, they can shoot.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Magnum88C said:
So buy a barreled action and build one . . . :nyah:
:dgrin: I would, except I'm too friggin lazy. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts