Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if it was just a $100, cash and carry thing, like a scope is. Any who CLAIM otherwise are just LYING about it, that's all. We have been CONDITIONED to just ACCEPT the blast, but you dont HAVE to do so. Nearly 90% of the difficulty in shooting a gun, espeically swiftly, with a rifle, is overcome by the use of a silencer on the barrel. Certain people don't LIKE that, just like they dont like, the use of compensators and optical sights on pistols. But when you make them use REALLY practical holsters and guns, concealed, they bitch about THAT, too. :) They WANT you to have to waste 90% of your training time and money, on merely screwing with the blast, BECAUSE THEY DID. :) They dont WANT you to be as good a rifle-shottist as they are, with 10% as much training, just because you knew enough to attach a silencer to your rifle. They don't WANT you to be able to hunt without being detected, take game after you've MISSED a shot (because the lack of noise didn't scare off the game), etc, etc. They WANT you to HAVE to waste your time and money,simply because THEY DID SO.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Translation:

"I'm scared by the loud noise and cannot shoot a full power round (or even a medium powered one) without a suppressor."

Suppressors have their place. You totally rely on one to make up for your flinching problem.

You keep saying how everyone is unprepared for shtf, but you have not considered that you might be without your "can" when shtf.

You could be meeting with your parole officer when shtf. Then what? You may never make it back to where you stashed your can.

I guess in that scenario, you'd just curl up and die...

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Curl up and die or go running to momma to save him.

RIKA

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hmmmm, lets see if melvins right then alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those folks out there who still compete, who still make a living doing evals of weapons, and those who have made thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years in the gun trade(whether a writer, competitor or maker) are out there telling everyone silencers are the way to go...ummmmmmm wait a second, I haven't seen that, hmmmmm could it be melvins just talking out of his ass again?????//Uh huh, yup he is.

Learn to handle a real weapon Sir shakesalot(Some of your old buddies say you shake like a leaf on a tree in the wind btw melvin), and they say you can't handle the pressure of shooting anything when it comes right down to it.So all your blathering over the years is just you trying to make yourself feel like a real manly man, when deep down(and when mama can't see ya) you see yourself in a dress and lipstick..Look up the following..loser,wimp,<font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>bird,punk...and beside each one you'll see your pic melvin.

Now go gum some bread and milk and tell mama how mean everyones being to you again.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Se, he thinks suppressors have to be a 24/7 thing "no reason not to have it mounted". He also ASSUMES no one has one.

A suppressor is a very vaulable specialized piece of equipment that should not be worn on the rifle 24/7. Why? They aren't as tough as a rifle. When you're out in the woods, you could easily f*ck your suppressor up, much more easily than you could the rifle. Then what? Then you don't have one at all, that's what.

So here you have a guy who thinks he's going to have his supressor on his .223 pistol 24/7. He trips, takes a dump down a hill, bends the thing in two (or breaks it for his PVC "designs"). So he's now carrying an 11" .223. A 20 inch .223 has a worse report than a .308, now there's 9" less barrel, he's going to have enormous blast and flash agrivating his flinch even worse. Since everything he has HAS to be cobbled up sh!t, he'll NEVER find another one, no matter how many people he shoots.

Stupid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Silencer

I still think several people are making this character up. I've used silencers on the job but don't want to go to prison by having one now.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
BURT said:
I still think several people are making this character up. I've used silencers on the job but don't want to go to prison by having one now.
Sadly, he is a real person, who really writes this stuff. Ubeleiveable, but true. (although his wife has posted under his name on more than one occasion).

He actually goes by more than one name on this site: Andy / 223 Fan are the infamous GunKid.

Enjoy.

:devil:

Reactions: BigEd
1 - 14 of 14 Posts