Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
22 unit, if they intend to put up a fight. Of course, that leaves out all you pussies.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
sure it does cum dumpster. THought we were all on ignore??????

If we are all on iggy how come you keep posting your useless recycled drivel?

You going to count this recycled shite as an original post?????

you are a pathetic loser.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
22 unit, if they intend to put up a fight. Of course, that leaves out all you pussies.
Thats a nice TARD, you can protect us ... when pigs fly ...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
What the hell is the difference? If both parties have cover and are within their effective ranges, the caliber wont even matter. Marksmanship is what counts.

I believe Andy McNab mentioned at one point that he was more than a little leary of having anyone on his squad who liked to quote a particular caliber as "the best" or spew off muzzle velocity and ft lbs. If it shoots, it works.

Every caliber has its specialty. .223's specialty is that you can carry a hell of alot of it, without sacrificing TOO much punch or range. With .308 you cant carry quite as much, but it has as much punch and range as you'll ever need. As far as I'm concerned, It balances out just fine, as long as your not firing from a 10" POSCAR.

And as for your .22 unit... you know where you can put it.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Very true Coyote, another good post.
The .223 is just fine for most things out to 200 yards with a 16" barrel, out to 300-350 with a 20" barrel. It's good to about 45m with a 10" barrel. I.E. useless unless your entire SHTF is room clearing.
Of course it won't penetrate as much as the .308, which is why the .308 has the advantage, even at close range. And the new SOCOM M1A and carbine length FALs are plenty handy. Even with REAL, QD suppressors.
CowardKid just has a MASSIVE flinch, and can't handle anything over a .22 caliber, and even there he needs a suppressor to handle .22 LR in rapid fire. LOL .22 LR out of a rifle has NO recoil (hell out of my 6.5" single six it has no recoil).

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
IN MEMORY OF ELMER'S KEISTER said:
EVERYBODY needs a canned shorty 223 and 22 unit, if they intend to put up a fight. Of course, that leaves out all you pussies.
I don't seem to recall Elmer Keith ever saying anything, about anybody ever needing, a canned shorty pos 223, and a 22 unit.

Anybody else ever notice that?

In fact, old Elmer was a big bore man all of the time.

You would never make it as an ELMER, TARD, your calilbers are too small for his rifles.

You head is much too small, and pointy, for for old Elmers hats.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
I like my CAR’s, and even my .22 unit, but I don’t believe everyone “needs” one.

(Audie Murphy didn’t need one.)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
John in AR said:
I like my CAR’s, and even my .22 unit, but I don’t believe everyone “needs” one.

(Audie Murphy didn’t need one.)

Very true I like mine also but would not want one trimmed down to 10" or so.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
andys cartridges would barely be Elmer's primers.

Andy you are a simpleton. you refuse to acknowledge that someone could have an opinion other than yours.

which is sad. I must go pray for yoru death now.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If you plan on putting up a fight with the .22 unit, you’re already dead.

If I’m going to be in a fight, I’d rather have an M4 than your crappy shorty AR. I’d be ok with my AR-10 as well, or my .300 blackout. The blackout would dictate certain tactics, but that’s ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts