Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the savings of 1 year's shooting, you can easily pay the diff in gun price for a Beretta M70 .22lr, and have MANY times a better combo of gun and rd. The .22 saves you $60 for every thousand rds, and 5000 rds a year is NOTHING in the way of practice, for a rd with which you have to hit the HEAD to have a decent chance of stopping an attacker. The mak's 200 ft lbs is nothing much. if it WAS, then the 600 ft lbs of the 356 would blow men APART. :) The M70 is SA, EXTREMELY accurate and reliable, and same size and wt as Mak. The M21 is a better deal than the Mak, really. It's POCKETABLE, and the Mak isn't, and it can be carried cocked and locked, for a $50 extention being added to the safety. With $350 more worth of ,smithing,, used M21 is $150, same as Mak, you can have NICE sights, trigger overtravel removed, and ejector fitted, Taurus PT22 mag fitted, and stippling, Makes the M21 a VERY fast, accurate and reliable pc. Mak will NEVER be a pocket gun, and its ammo will NEVER be 2c a shot, and it will NEVER be a decently reliable manstopper (with just chest hits). I've shot chucks,skunks, possums jackrabbits, *****, etc, with 380 blowbacks, using 90 gr at 1000 fps handloads, and they rolled, and got up again, just like they do with .22lr's, and I mean a dozen of them. Ditto .38 snubs, and similar crap. There just AINT enough power in such loads to amount to a crap.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Since the Mak is a vastly better killing tool than an M21, your post which lacks any hint of a proper base of firearms knowledge is king of pointless.

The M21 sucks for performance, even for a .22.

115gr Mak pre-frag hollowpoints are only 20% more expensive than CCI Stinger.

If you can't figure out that a 115gr pre-frag .363" diameter bullet moving at over 1000fps will be seriously more lethal than a .22LR, and if you're too cheap to practice with anything but cheap, low end .22LR, then you need to stick to roleplaying games and leave reality for the rest of us.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The myth of depositing energy has been disproved. Your analogy of the 356 blowing men apart is stupid, childish, and amusing - all at once.

And for those that care, it was disproved by Fackler. specifically, look at point #4 in the text.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u r too cheap to find out what REAL pocket gun performance is. The FACT is, and I CAN PROVE it, that the mak aint ENOUGH more powerful to make jack shit differrence. M21's a FINE little gun, if you too cheap to have an extractor and better sights fitted. So who PRACTICES with Stingers, dumbass? They are pointless in a 3" barrel.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
The FACT is, and I CAN PROVE it, that the mak aint ENOUGH more powerful to make jack shit differrence.
Prove it andy. I want you to show printed proof of your claims. Otherwise you will have proved yourself a liar ... again.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
He's just jealous.
Leroy the drug dealer doesn't sell Maks, only POS throwaway .22s, so WussKid can't get one.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Gunkid isn't a skilled shooter anyways! Marksmanship is a perishable skill and he hasn't shot since he went to jail last time.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
u r too cheap to find out what REAL pocket gun performance is. The FACT is, and I CAN PROVE it, that the mak aint ENOUGH more powerful to make jack shit differrence. M21's a FINE little gun, if you too cheap to have an extractor and better sights fitted. So who PRACTICES with Stingers, dumbass? They are pointless in a 3" barrel.
Let's see.... you think that a 115gr pre-frag 9.2mm hollowpoint (Mak is actually 9.2mm) moving at 1020fps (more than enough to reliably expand it's hollowpoint) isn't much better than a .22LR? And a .22LR coming from a teeny, tiny M21 barrel at that.....

Where did you get your gun knowledge from, a comic book?

Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
<snip>

Where did you get your gun knowledge from, a comic book?
I think NUTTY JOHN got his gun knowledge from Alfred E. Newman of "What?" "Me worry" fame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts