Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some pics from some high country, backpacking fishing trips this year in the Big Horn Mountain range, it's our "home' range so we get up there quite a bit.

The boy in the front isn't mine (good kid, I would take him) but the rest are, taking a breather at 9800ft. It was an easy 7 miles into the lakes we were going to from the trailhead, mostly uphill and took us about 2.5 hours to get in.

My daughter and I tented up together on this trip, the boys had taken off to another lake about 2 miles away. That suited us fine and we had the whole lake to ourselves for some high quality flyfishing and father/daughter time. Here she is cleaning and cooking our fish.

Here's my daughter with an amazing find, it's funny how she finds them everywhere we go :) Someday one is going to show up in National Geographics Magazine

Here's the lake my daughter and I fished, she took this picture early in the morning before the several moose that live there had moved into cover for the day. You can see a nice bull on the left across the rocks. It's a nice lake for fishing with a creek that feeds it and drops out steep were it leaves.

Another trip, but a little too early, what looks like a snow field in the background is actually the frozen lake :) a little tough for dry fly fishing LOL So we dropped down a couple thousand feet for some open water.

Just some fun pics (not very good quality) that aren't meant as a SHTF training manual :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours
Teuf and Clan

·
Registered
779 Posts
Cold weather has a charm all its own. Just something about the clean air and solitude.

Merry Christmas
Kent

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Oh andy has tons of experience.

To bad it is all in prison being someones butt boy.

Great pics man.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. You truly live in God's country.

Merry Christmas Teuf and family

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Thanks for the pics Teuf, I miss the mountians.

One day, I will again return!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Terror has nothing to do with it andy. Just a happy family enjoying themselves in the wilderness. Thats something that you, andy, are terrified of doing.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Teuf, looks like some good times camping in some real beautiful areas. Gunkid, you couldn't scare a worm on a fish hook. Boy are you dumb!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Outstanding Teuf. If I went there I might not want to come back! Poor gunkid, he just can't hack it. Hack it at home, hack it in the field. About the only thing he can hack is being a bore on the net.

Reactions: Hasher

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It looks like wonderful country for hunting and camping Teuf, Have a Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks folks, the wife an I really enjoy our kids and consider ourselves very fortunate, it bums me out at times thinking about them taking off to the winds.

Big talk out of JD, so does that mean we are on for the 100 miler this spring? I'm sure you have the "concept" of a 100 mile backpacking trip firmly in place and have done it dozens of times in your mind LOL

I'm fine with my 70 lbs and your 50 lbs and I'm fine with doing it in CO as long as it's in the backcountry.

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
How about teh part of the Continential Divide Trail that runs down between Pagosa Springs and Durango? or how about the last 100 miles of the Colorado Trail leading into it's terminus in Durango???

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It don't matter to me as long as I'm not rubbing elbows with a bunch of tourist the whole way, the wilder the country the better IMO. I'm sure JD will want to be on as well marked and established trails as he can since the dumbfuck isn't even sure what mountain range he is in. He would be totally fucked in the wild trackless country.

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
trust me there will be few folks on tha ttrail. Heck part sof it you have to actually navigate as it is not all that well marked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts