Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That flaky JD is probualy "bugging-out" from here, so I will will extend the $200.00 offer to anyone here that wants to go to SMTC for the Hard Rock demo. A "survivalist" that is confused about what mountain range he lives in could show up anywhere :rolleyes:

Same conditions, I want a honest report and pictures.

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'd go, always up for a good road trip, but currently too busy.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
mrostov, maybe in the spring when you're freer and Hard Rock doesn't mind getting wet? Dunno if Teuf is extending it that long.
$200 probably would barely get my gas hog up there.

Is there anyone here that's fairly close to SMTC?

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
where is SMTC?
i just took a fed drug test for new job/postion[today] will be back at the 'grind' in [2] days, with the stipulation of 2-3 weeks off this spring,
to drive to indiana and bring back a 1929 model'a' sport coupe [mint]

it really dosen't sound like my bag , teuf!

send mrostrov, i'll chip in! and he knows how to write/post pictures. :)

:wavey:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's starting to sound like there isn't going to be anything to see, the .308 ammo in question "went back to the State" intresting place for ammo that was "pulled from duty" from a Federal agency. The 1k plus shooting of movers and 2500 yard torso hits with a .338L isn't going to be at SMTC now, but "next to it".

I have to wonder how the "come to SMTC and see" challenge could be issued so many times when there wasn't anything left to see and nothing was going to take place at SMTC?

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
There's nothing to wonder ABOUT. Hard Rock's a liar and a pussy, just like I always said he is, and most of you know it. You're just too much of a pussy yourself to come right out and say it, that's all.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If I could be provided with three, four, or five of these cartridges, I could experimentally measure the ballistic coefficient (BC) of their bullets. Knowing the BC, I could then accurately determine if they would perform as described.

While a sample of one is less than desirable, I could do this with only one cartridge.

If the cartridges are not available, I could closely estimate the BC from the bullet alone.

This would save everyone both time and money.

Is this of interest?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Teuf, the way I read it was that only the water shooting was "next" to SMTC, but the rest was to be carried out there. I only know two things, whoever wants to prove Hard Rock wrong can't do it unless they show up, and that if the issuer of the challenge (GoonKid) doesn't show up, he's (to use his terms) a pussy and a coward (although I feel bad about degrading my favorite meal by referring to him as one), no matter what Hard Rock can or can't do.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Don't worry about the semantics of it Teuf, I know you are trying to split hairs. The reason I'm not doing it on SMTC property is that if Tard, after issuing threats to me on this board, tries something and I have to defend myself, SMTC will be free and clear of any possibility of liability or involvement in the issue.

If that is a problem for you, too bad.

Mike

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good idea GB

GBullet said:
If I could be provided with three, four, or five of these cartridges, I could experimentally measure the ballistic coefficient (BC) of their bullets. Knowing the BC, I could then accurately determine if they would perform as described.

While a sample of one is less than desirable, I could do this with only one cartridge.

If the cartridges are not available, I could closely estimate the BC from the bullet alone.

This would save everyone both time and money.

Is this of interest?
I have ran the numbers on a couple different programs as they were provided 200 grains @ 2700 and I can't get anywhere close to the claims with any style bullet at that velocity.

By my Sierra Infinity program it would have to be started many hundereds of feet faster to to have the claimed retained velocity. Even if you do somehow get the initial muzzle velocity the retrained velocities don't match up at the different ranges. Thats a big if, since a .30-378 case dosn't have enough case capacity to start a 200 grainer fast enough to have the claimed retained velocities.

It's all been an intresting "Urban Shooter Myth" though :) The amusing part is, I can't for the life of me figure out why such an amazing load, that hadn't damaged anything after "several pallets" were shot would be "pulled from duty".

It would have been rock on and send me some more of that shit.

It's a good idea GB but don't hold your breath you are ever going to see anything like described :)

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
brass hammer said:
where is SMTC?
i just took a fed drug test for new job/postion[today] will be back at the 'grind' in [2] days, with the stipulation of 2-3 weeks off this spring,
to drive to indiana and bring back a 1929 model'a' sport coupe [mint]

it really dosen't sound like my bag , teuf!

send mrostrov, i'll chip in! and he knows how to write/post pictures. :)

:wavey:
Where is Storm Mountain Training Center?

Right here: http://www.stormmountain.com/

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
thanks, stillwater! now i know where/what the talk is about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts