Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered this...how long will it take to get here and what can I expect to see on the form?

The following is really posted for my benefit (I blacked out what you don't already know, don't really trust some people on the internet):

NAME: Edward *****

E_MAIL_ADDRESS: [email protected]

PHONE_NUMBER: 904-***-****

MAIL_ADDRESS: ***** Fort Collins, Co 80521

ITEM_1: F 7CR - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

ITEM_1_QUANTITY: 1

ORDER_NUMBER: 2004-*****Edw

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It's not a real big, or difficult form. I hope you ordered the proof of citizenship form also, you'll need it with the application. Took 2 weeks for the forms to get here. I think they have up to 3 months to actually issue a license, most get theirs within 60 days or so.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magnum88C said:
It's not a real big, or difficult form. I hope you ordered the proof of citizenship form also, you'll need it with the application. Took 2 weeks for the forms to get here. I think they have up to 3 months to actually issue a license, most get theirs within 60 days or so.
I need the proof of citizenship form? You're joking, right?

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
The C&R license took almost three weeks to the day to arrive after I applied. It's been awhile but the prrof of citizenship form had to be filled out also, as I recall. It has saved me a bundle in purchases, however it certainly encourages you to buy, buy, buy! :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
One thing I had a question on.

Do you have to keep just the guns bought on the C&R in the bound book, or ALL of the guns on the premesis?

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Only C&R eligible guns have to be kept in your bound book. If you have a C&R that was purchased prior to your obtaining a C&R and then sold, it should be entered as from your collection and then sold to the C&R buyer, (copy of signed license kept by you) or if legal in your state, on a face to face sale with a drivers license number kept on record by you. The ATFE will send you a copy of the regulations concerning buying and selling C&R firearms. The real thing to be careful of is "business". You as a C&R license holder, are not in the business of buying and selling firearms. Your license is a COLLECTORS license. If you buy three Mosin-Nagants and sell one because it wasn't desirable to your collection, your OK. But if you buy the three and sell them all, your engaging in the "business of selling firearms", which is taboo. This all boils down to common sense. The ATFE Agents I have dealt with were friendly, polite, professional and will answer any questions you have to avoid problems. Use the license as it was meant to be used and you will come to no grief. Try The Curio & Relic Forum for good info.

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the form number for the proof of citizenship form, and where do I get it? I don't recall seeing it listed at the BATF website.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Man, I WISH there was a C&R license for modern guns that us private people could have. I really don't want an FFL to operate as a business, but I just want to be able to get the guns I would buy across the net sent to me directly instead of going through an FFL.

But yeah, it would probably make me go nuts on buying stuff. A friend of mine used to be an FFL and I used buying guns to be shipped down to him (he lives three hours away) as a good excuse for the wife and I to go visit him and his wife for dinner and a good reason to get out of here. And I bought a LOT of guns during that time. MANY times my wife would say to me "Don't you have any guns waiting for you down at Dave's place so we can run down there?" And of course, all it would take is a few minutes on GunBroker for me to solve that particular oversight!

Heck, having a C&R for modern guns would probably put me in the poor house.... But still.......

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Try downloading the form from the Internet. Go to the ATF web site athttp://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm. It has been a while for me since my original application date, but I think I originally downloaded all their forms and used them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glenn Bartley said:
Try downloading the form from the Internet. Go to the ATF web site athttp://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm. It has been a while for me since my original application date, but I think I originally downloaded all their forms and used them.

I'm getting a "page not found" error :headbang: :headbang:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts