Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My aunt Leola (great-aunt actually) is a wonderfully talented pianist.

Last weekend, she play for an entire wedding, start to finish. A few days ago, she told my grandmother that she enjoys going to visit a particular rest home and "play piano for the old people".

Aunt Leola is 94!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
that's great!

I hope I am of the same mind set when I'm 94...

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Your aunt Leola is a wonderful person. I too hope that I am as capable at 94.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
That's great.

My boss's mom is 88 and she still gives 'em hell at the bowling alley. I've seen 50 year olds that can't get around like she does. Must be that Scandinavian conquer-the-world blood.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Speaking of family, how's that sweet little "puppy" y'all adopted doing? Any more blood drawn?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
My dad's 84 and took up golf just six years ago, iirc.

He goes dancing every week with my (latest) stepmother, and just this past weekend drove from Kentucky to Round Rock, TX for his granddaughter's wedding.

He's still having fun and kicking; and he's not hurting anyone, so more power to him.

(I've been to three of his weddings myself...)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigJon said:
Speaking of family, how's that sweet little "puppy" y'all adopted doing? Any more blood drawn?
Muffin will be 5 months old next week. She weighs 51 pounds. Yes, I have a few bite marks, not from aggression, just affectionate play. Muffin sometimes tries to get you to play with "gentle" nips.

Like most puppies, Muffin falls asleep wherever she is, so at night I pick her up and put her pillow bed.

Her favorite sport is hunting bugs, frogs, snakes, moths, etc. In the house, she loves to steal socks, hankerchiefs, and napkins, when an opportunity arises. It's much more fun if we try to get it back. Two weeks ago, Muffin managed to eat a baby wipe that was being used to clean her face. Much to my amazement, it passed through.

For those who don't know, we bought her at a stoplight in a downtown section of our city. Some people had nine puppies in a cardboard box and the surrounding grass. They were three weeks old and each weighed about a pound and a half.

Yep, those folks are probably still laughing at us.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
A word to the wise. Several years ago, our big male Dobe ate a tampon. It plugged him up for 3 days but finally passed through. He was one miserable dog though.

RIKA :D

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I remember when my beagle was a puppy, she had a tendency to eat the ass out of my shorts. Guess when she barked at me I should not have responded with Bart Simpson's "eat my shorts". . .

She also swallowed half a ham steak whole. I really don't know where it went as it was almost as long as she was back then. I think beagle guts have mastered the space-time continuum, and are far larger than their three-dimensional manifestation would lead you to believe.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
GBullet said:
Muffin will be 5 months old next week. She weighs 51 pounds. Yes, I have a few bite marks, not from aggression, just affectionate play. Muffin sometimes tries to get you to play with "gentle" nips.
"Muffin"! What a hoot! That's one muffin I would not want for breakfast - I generally make it a practice not to try to dine on stuff that might try to eat me back! lol!

Raider said:
Several years ago, our big male Dobe ate a tampon. It plugged him up for 3 days but finally passed through. He was one miserable dog though.
Magnum88C said:
She also swallowed half a ham steak whole. I really don't know where it went as it was almost as long as she was back then.
If it happens again, you might offer your omnivorous pets this word of comfort: "This too shall pass." :D

Rika - A tampon?!? Man, that's scary! I would think that an unrestricted tampon would swell so much that it would lock a dog up completely. Did your Dobe manage to rid himself of the obstacle naturally? I'd have bet surgery would have been required.

Regards,
Jon

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
BigJon said:
Rika - A tampon?!? Man, that's scary! I would think that an unrestricted tampon would swell so much that it would lock a dog up completely. Did your Dobe manage to rid himself of the obstacle naturally? I'd have bet surgery would have been required.

Regards,
Jon
No surgery Jon. He is a big fella - Warlock at 105lbs. Natural passage though he was really miserable.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Raider said:
No surgery Jon. He is a big fella - Warlock at 105lbs. Natural passage though he was really miserable.

RIKA
Hell, I reckon he was! Reminds me of the old one about the guy who takes the uncivilized monkey in the bar with him, and it ends up eating all the beer nuts in the bar and then a cue ball. The next time he comes in, the money touches the beer nuts to his rear before eating them. The bartender asked why, and the monkey's owner explained, "Now, he measures everything before he swallows it!" :unhappy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts