Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
didn't show the hits, didn't show the time, can't tell the distance between the targets, can't tell what the distance from shooter to target is, and it looked like 9mm or wussy .45 loads. Overlooking such vital info is probably done on purpose. If it was all done to spec, and all good hits, with a .45 and full charger ammo, 10 yds, 3 yds between the targets, edge to edge, 4.5 seconds would be a fantastic time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwqToWZX5U

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Obviously can't tell exactly, but he took six steps and was only about halfway to the targets; so ten yards may be right.

What's wrong with 9mm?
9MM is only effective when shot from a chopped Star BM and loaded with split nose bullets.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Melvin, is just jealous after all marksmanship is a perishable skill and he can not go shooting anymore!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nothing wrong with a 9mm, just that comparing scores and times with 9 vs full charge .45 is invalid. The .45/s 1/3rd greater recoil is either going to slow down repeat hits, or spread those hits on the targets.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Confess I've never done an El Presidente that I recall. I might have when first getting into ipsc after ppc, but don't specifically recall any. No idea what my times would be.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
I did this numerous times when I shot IPSC from '86 to '96, it seemed that every 4th match had that stage as part of the match. I never considered 6.0 grains of W231 pushing a 200 grain LSWC as a wussy load back in the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts