Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you go to the firing range, what's your weapon of choice and why?

I have a Ruger .22 Single-Six that I love plinking with. It's cheap and fun! I'll usually shoot 100-200 rounds or until my wife gets bored/runs out of ammo with the 9mm.

I would love to take my rifles to the range, but at the moment I haven't decided on which range (indoor... it's the only way to get the wife to go) to become a member of and as such don't have access to the rifle range section.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
I don't have a single, individual favorite. My most-used ones for quite a while tended to be a suppressed ruger .22 pistol, glocks in 9mm, and carbines in .357 magnum; but I've been leaning more & more toward .45Colt shooting over the last couple years or so. No cowboy shooting - did it once with borrowed guns and it was fun - but just standard plinking/playing with guns in .45lc and .454casull. Can't explain it, it's just 'where I am' now shooting-wise. Who knows... in a couple years it may be something completely different. :unhappy:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
well, it's been my M&P .45 / 1911 and my AR for the most part. Though I enjoy shooting my 10/22, and am looking forward to shooting my new Sig 556

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Favorite Range Firearm?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you go to the firing range, what's your weapon of choice and why?
That is an excellent question! It got me to thinking, to remembering, to looking at my collection, to deliberating and finally to realizing - they are all my favorites because depending on the moment, the one I am shooting is my favorite.

All the best,
Glenn B

·
Registered
611 Posts
Right now, it's a CZ 52 because of cheap surplus ammo.

·
Forum Moderator
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just went to the range yesturday with my brother's Glock 19 and my Ruger Single Six .22 .

I still have to say that although I improved my accuracy with his Glock, the single-six is still my favorite for using at the range. Cheap ammo, fun to shoot, and incredibly accurate. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.