Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but john-boy's claim's about Infantrymen got me going. john's words, "most soldier's can't kill another man face to face, and if they do, they suffer psyche damage." I saw nine months of Infantry combat between July 1969 and July of 1970, and never saw an Infantryman fail to shoot an enemy soldier if the situation called for it. Whether at 200 Meters or two Meters. Sure, they are Human and didn't feel good about it later, but there was no "psyche damage. The feeling was "He's dead and I'm alive, Hoorray for me and screw you." John's words: "Typically, the men who do the face to face killing have previous felony convictions." What pure, unadulterated horseshit. Since Teddy Roosevelts time, convicts have been unwanted by the Military. Good old Teddy. Best President we ever had. His words: " I wish for no men of bad character in my Regiment. Thieves, confidence men and convicts are to stay well away from the Volunteer Cavalry." When the Army was scraping the bottom of the barrel in 1944, someone got the bright idea to enlist 1,000 Federal convicts into the Army. They had to be non-violent, car thieves, burglars,etc., and spread into different units. Only the commanding officer knew their background. Failed experiment. More than 700 deserted and almost to a man the rest became "stockade rat's" for insubordination, AWOL, and theft from they're fellow Soldiers. (Often beaten to a pulp in the course of this). No Felon was ever knowingly drafted or enlisted again. In 1968 about the first thing we did at the U.S. Army reception station was give two set's of fingerprints. "Why two, I asked the PFC doing the fingerprinting? "One set goes to the Army Records Office so if you get you head blown off they can still identify you. The other set goes to the FBI in case your a killer. Well, there it is john, how did all these steely eyed convict killer's get into the Military? Are the Infantrymen in Iraq meekly stepping out of the way so the convict platoon can be brought up? Felon's with juvenile records WERE drafted in WWII. One comes to mind. Eddie Slovik. Shot for cowardice. Now, make sure you don't answer. As RIKA said, I can hear the sound of your cockroach feet scurring away.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Terry G said:
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but john-boy's claim's about Infantrymen got me going. john's words, "most soldier's can't kill another man face to face, and if they do, they suffer psyche damage." I saw nine months of Infantry combat between July 1969 and July of 1970, and never saw an Infantryman fail to shoot an enemy soldier if the situation called for it. Whether at 200 Meters or two Meters. Sure, they are Human and didn't feel good about it later, but there was no "psyche damage. The feeling was "He's dead and I'm alive, Hoorray for me and screw you." John's words: "Typically, the men who do the face to face killing have previous felony convictions." What pure, unadulterated horseshit.

Sounds like someone fell for the Killology Rhetoric. Col. Dave Grossman's been peddling this crap for years.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
ha,ha,ha! a classic...of classic's in your thread ,TERRY-G!

thanks,friend!

:wavey:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
It was widely known for decades, indeed, centuries before Grossman came along. In fact, the Greeks even had a saying about it. So some liar claims not to have noticed it, so what?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
how else do you explain the 50,000 rds per hit, the desire for full auto everything, the spraying and praying bs, hmm? They don't want to BOTHER having to raise the gun to shoulder, look at the guy and kill him. They'd MUCH rather just shoot at movement, flashes, buildings, vehicles, etc, then at men. Snipers and killers in general are shunned by most men, as being "wierd".

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You didn't answer the question, John how did the felon's get in the military? You said they were typical. That implies a large number. You are completely a liar.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
how else do you explain the 50,000 rds per hit, the desire for full auto everything, the spraying and praying bs, hmm? They don't want to BOTHER having to raise the gun to shoulder, look at the guy and kill him. They'd MUCH rather just shoot at movement, flashes, buildings, vehicles, etc, then at men. Snipers and killers in general are shunned by most men, as being "wierd".
Well, let's see...

there's mini-guns, suppressive fire from beltfeds, mutliple rounds fired at the same targets, shots fired from the air into "suspected targets"...you know, that 50k figure sure includes a lot of stuff!

but you knew all that - right, but continue to spout a useless figure anyway.

So, do you figure you'll be taking Hard Rock up on his offer? We figure you won't...

:devil:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
andy said:

Read some evolutionary psychology texts and you'll figure out why.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
You're not shunned because you're weird, NUTTY JOHN, you're shunned because you're a coward that has a problem with transparent boasting and lying.

It must SUCK to be you NUTTY JOHN ... REALLY SUCK ...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Wylycoyte said:
Read some evolutionary psychology texts and you'll figure out why.
First, NUTTY JOHN has to be able to read with comprehension. NUTTY JOHN, hasn't demonstrated that ability ever.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Stillwater said:
First, NUTTY JOHN has to be able to read with comprehension. NUTTY JOHN, hasn't demonstrated that ability ever.

Well, there is that.

"Apes don't read philosophy."

"Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it!"

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
BTW,the high volume of fired rounds and the inverse ratio of hits/kills has/had more to do with the general idiocy of some in charge(from well outside of the theater) who thought that "newer"rifles/smallarms(i.e.lighter calibers&full auto)was better than aimed fire.Whether this came about from Robert Strange Mcnmara's micromanaging inclinations ,ore the general problems associated with new gear+insufficient training/support/familiarization is a tough call.I'd say it at least includes that as a factor;but add in the Grossman BS/"touchy feely"bent we had after the mid 1960's that really peaked in the 1990s.Another example of PC infiltration and subversion.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Terry G said:
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but john-boy's claim's about Infantrymen got me going. john's words, "most soldier's can't kill another man face to face, and if they do, they suffer psyche damage." I saw nine months of Infantry combat between July 1969 and July of 1970, and never saw an Infantryman fail to shoot an enemy soldier if the situation called for it. Whether at 200 Meters or two Meters. Sure, they are Human and didn't feel good about it later, but there was no "psyche damage. The feeling was "He's dead and I'm alive, Hoorray for me and screw you." John's words: "Typically, the men who do the face to face killing have previous felony convictions." What pure, unadulterated horseshit. Since Teddy Roosevelts time, convicts have been unwanted by the Military. Good old Teddy. Best President we ever had. His words: " I wish for no men of bad character in my Regiment. Thieves, confidence men and convicts are to stay well away from the Volunteer Cavalry." When the Army was scraping the bottom of the barrel in 1944, someone got the bright idea to enlist 1,000 Federal convicts into the Army. They had to be non-violent, car thieves, burglars,etc., and spread into different units. Only the commanding officer knew their background. Failed experiment. More than 700 deserted and almost to a man the rest became "stockade rat's" for insubordination, AWOL, and theft from they're fellow Soldiers. (Often beaten to a pulp in the course of this). No Felon was ever knowingly drafted or enlisted again. In 1968 about the first thing we did at the U.S. Army reception station was give two set's of fingerprints. "Why two, I asked the PFC doing the fingerprinting? "One set goes to the Army Records Office so if you get you head blown off they can still identify you. The other set goes to the FBI in case your a killer. Well, there it is john, how did all these steely eyed convict killer's get into the Military? Are the Infantrymen in Iraq meekly stepping out of the way so the convict platoon can be brought up? Felon's with juvenile records WERE drafted in WWII. One comes to mind. Eddie Slovik. Shot for cowardice. Now, make sure you don't answer. As RIKA said, I can hear the sound of your cockroach feet scurring away.
I wanted to re-post this because of John-boy's claim "no one has ever caught me in a lie" and to ask john if the Ranger's, Marines, and Infantrymen atre still calling up the felon platoon when they get in trouble? Maybe you should join up, john. Their probably running short of brave felon's by now.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Terry's post is like showing a cross or bottle of holy water to a vampire. He has nothing to defend with so he just runs away and ignores it.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
He just used his normal, unprovable retort - anytime the facts disagree with him, they're lies. He's wrong, he knows it, but he cannot admit it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Run, Forrest, Run

"It was widely known for decades, indeed, centuries before Grossman came along. In fact, the Greeks even had a saying about it. So some liar claims not to have noticed it, so what

It was also known for decades, indeed centuries, that the Earth was flat. They had sayings about that, too. :rolleyes: Now he's pretending he never said the Army didn't know anything, eh?
That's the problem with lying. It's so hard to remember which lie you told last so you can keep them straight. :bawling:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
sature said:
In the first place, I never said one word about felons in the military.

you guys have a lot of fun, telling lies about me while I'm banned.
But yet you wrote this:

andy said:
It was widely known for decades, indeed, centuries before Grossman came along. In fact, the Greeks even had a saying about it. So some liar claims not to have noticed it, so what?
So, who's lying? you or you?

In one post you claim never to have commented about criminals in the military. In another (in the same thread no less) you claim to have never commented on such.

and then you say:

sature said:
The only felons I'm aware of taken into the military were to man the "Devil's Brigade," about which a book has been written. So, it's you liars telling lies, AGAIN about what you CLAIM I have said, but it's just lies.
I'm just including quotes of what you said.

Oh, we don't have to lie to have fun with stuff you've posted over the years.

·
Registered
405 Posts
sature said:
you guys have a lot of fun, telling lies about me while I'm banned.
Nobody's lying about you.
Why don't you try not getting banned within 20 minutes of logging on, maybe that would make things easier for you?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Gecko45 said:
Nobody's lying about you.
Why don't you try not getting banned within 20 minutes of logging on, maybe that would make things easier for you?
He can't (or won't). He seems to believe that in the absence of substance, insults and threats are just as good.

But he is capable of lucid posts. I've seen them from him. But they are so few and far between, that he destroys what little credibility they give him with the next post.

If he'd back off and quit trying to prove how much of a guru he is and would just listen to others, he'd be a lot farther ahead.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
If he'd citing the same "Devil's Brigade" I'm thinking of these were not "felons" but ex-German troops who joined the French Foriegn Legion.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts