Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling stuff out of the safe for tomorrow's range outing when I came across Dad's 3in N frame 357. Thinking about GK, I wondered if I could get away carrying it. I pulled out my knit shirt and placed the revolver under the belt, inside my jeans and behind my right hip bone. The smooth Skeeter Skelton Bear Hug grips didn't dig into me uncomfortably and I could sit and move without a problem. I didn't have a holster but it felt secure against my bare skin. The outside shirt broke up the outline so I decided to carry it to lunch with me and then go shopping. I visited the bar-b-que place and then went to Walmart and the food store. I was a little self conscious carrying it but nobody gave me a second glance as far as the gun went. I was kind of surprised that it went so well and even happier to prove GK wrong. I just had to re-oil the revolver when I got home.

Was the 357 loaded? You bet it was.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Raider said:
nobody gave me a second glance as far as the gun went.
Soooo,did you have a parrot on your shoulder or were you wearing fuzzy pink slippers that garnered the "other" second looks? :laugh01:

ps I'm glad your expieriment worked.:)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No parrot. I just looked real sloppy with my loose fitting shirt out and felt real self conscious. Funny, I don't feel that way when I carry the Officers model but I've always worn a light jacket or coverup.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Would this be considered "Mexicanette Carry"? ;)

BTW, there's an article in the current issue of the NRA's "Woman's Outlook" that has a great article on CCW for women. There were some good recommendations on holsters for women, and I thought I might just pass 'em along. One holster mentioned that is contoured for women and, from the photo, appears to be mighty good at concealment was the "Nancy Special" from Mitch Rosen. From the picture, it looks like it would carry your revolver fairly high (cylinder at belt level), no cant, and leaning in a bit so that the grip would be right against your body just below the ribs. This is an OWB holster though. There's also a Blade-Tech shown, though, that has these features but is FBI canted and IWB. Unfortunately the model is not named.

Best,
Jon

Mitch Rosen Nancy Special

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
LOT of good it would do ya, since you aint fast with it. I can BELIEVE the part about nobody giving you a glance.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
AMAMZING! GK's aupernatural powers let him tell hiw fast people he has never seen can shoot, ASTOUNDING!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Exactly one of those people he dismisses will be the one who burns him down.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andy said:
LOT of good it would do ya, since you aint fast with it. I can BELIEVE the part about nobody giving you a glance.
Listen up lard-lips. You are the one who got into a big argument about whether a person could carry an N frame concealed in summer. I did it - yesterday - and that proves you to be a liar. As for my appearance, I don't care what you think. I wouldn't give you the time of day if you rode around in a Rolls Royce with its trunk stuffed with thousand dollar bills. To put it so even you can understand, I don't associate with morons.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
"Lard lips"???? Rika, where on EARTH did you come up with THAT one?

LMAO!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
it's EASY, for an experienced hand. The way people don't CARE about speed tells me that they are SLOW. Anyone who IS fast will POST about the need to be fast,not post the REVERSE, dumbass.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
as I've said before, of COURSE a bag lady can hide a CAR-15 adequately, since people DELIBERATELY avoid looking at her. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
andy said:
it's EASY, for an experienced hand. The way people don't CARE about speed tells me that they are SLOW. Anyone who IS fast will POST about the need to be fast,not post the REVERSE, dumbass.:)
I choose to address both of your stupid pronouncements in one post. First: No one has ever said that speed isn't important. The only thing we have said is that it isn't the most only thing - accuracy is equally vital.... and final. You're the only one around here who shoots of his mouth instead of his guns. Brag ain't nothin unless you actually do something.

andy said:
as I've said before, of COURSE a bag lady can hide a CAR-15 adequately, since people DELIBERATELY avoid looking at her. :)
Next: We ain't talking about hiding a CAR15 here bozo, we is talking about CCWing an N frame revolver. Thats just what I did Friday under a loose fitting knit shirt and proved you to be a LIAR. You're preoccupation with the bag lady is interesting but I doubt that even she would stoop so low as to associate with you. All you would have to do is flap those liver lips a few times and she would say "I'm outta here". She might be down and out but she ain't stupid.

By the way, I ain't no bag lady and when you wake up in the morning, you will still be a tard.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Or, as Jeff Cooper said, "Draw as fast as you can. Shoot as slow as you must" and as several noted western gunfighters said "Speed is fine, but accuracy is fatal!"

·
Registered
779 Posts
Or as a real gunfighter is qouted as saying-"Take your time and hurry up."~Wyatt Earp.

Seems like someone who GunPutz name drops alot made a very similar observation in Combat Handguns years back and it stuck with me.

Also one old west gunfigter, might have been Wyatt again, said some men were faster than he was but he took the time to aim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts