Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
typically encountered by the can-maker. What are they? You guys know so much, this should be real easy. I bet, though, that if I wait a week, there will be at most 2-3 correct answers. :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Melvin, guess what. I know nothing about can making. Never claimed to, never will, because I just dont care. You've ruined your life because of stuff like this, for a few measly bucks here and there. Just stop with this and move on.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Let me get this straight....

You are trying to thread the INSIDE (female threads) of the BARREL of a .22 ?

and

screw in one of YOUR POS CANs that DONT WORK, INSIDE of the BARREL?

Send me hospital pics, if your still among the breathing when your done that is.

Reactions: Stillwater

·
Registered
750 Posts
JD this is all such grade school shade tree gunsmithing it strikes me funny as hell you think it's so sinister.

Protect the threads
Hide the threads
Tapping is easier than threading without some hassles
The muzzle squares the can to the bore

How fucking hard is this shit, you must really be a wack job if you think folks can't mount what amounts to a "muffler' on the end of a fire arm.

You got to remember JD most of the folks here are educated and make a good living and when or if they want to do something like this they just will. You are the only looser here i know of thats a welfare queen with too much time on his hands.

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Gunkid, like we really care??? The people here that want one can generally go out and buy them, legally!!! Not everyone needs a crutch!!!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you havent touched but ONE of the 4, dumbass. There's nothing sinister about it, punk. That's just in your pussy mind, that's all. you're scared to death of the Feds, I'm not, and that's why I always be a better man than you.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there's the problems of a front sight getting in the way, particaurlarly one with a dovetail, like most .22 rifles. there's the problem of a slide covering the barrel, like with a PPK, dumbass. There's the problem of of removing the barrel from the receiver, huge PITA with quite a few .22's. There's the problem of arranging for a shoulder for the can to come up against.

For the OTHER dumbass, I've female threaded at least 100 .22 bores. If you'd like to LEARN something, dumbass, first you have to admit how IGNORANT you are, and a pussy like you just CAN'T do that.

Hey, dumbass, I managed to inside thread the 3/8" OD of the Jennings .22 barrel. How would you do THAT, dumbass? I used an M letter drill bit, and a 5/16x40 tap, dumbass.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Whoop de doooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Go lay down shade tree hack, you are so out classed it ain't even funny, at this point you are like toying with a retartded kid but you drool more and most retartds have enough sense to hold a real job.

Go back to your Paliden press pamplets for some more "original" ideas rookie LOL

Teuf,

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Andy,

I know exactly how to do it, and how to make it work. But suppose your lathe or boring drill press was .00001" off. Your face look like u got a frag chucked at you, cuz thats what would happen to the barrel.

Theres also a long term accuracy concern why you dont thread female on barrels. When you open the tip of the bore to accept the male silencer shaft you alter the twisting on the rifling. The last point of where the rifling stops is one of the most important accuracy factors. Thats why chamfering was introduced.

Even if you do mannage to not blow your own brains out by back-fragmentation, you will cause any long range accuracy to disappear.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Great andy we will le tthe feds know tha tyou are nto afraid and that you despise them.

Maybe if we are lucky theyt will accidentially shoot you when knocking down the door fo the trailer you and priphit live in.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
andy said:
you havent touched but ONE of the 4, dumbass. There's nothing sinister about it, punk. That's just in your pussy mind, that's all. you're scared to death of the Feds, I'm not, and that's why I always be a better man than you.
If your not scared of Federal Officers why did you meekly surrender them, not once, not twice, but three times? Why didn'y you pull your chopped Star or go into your kungfooee act and resist? They took you down like the wimp you are. The third time they didn't even bother to send U.S. Marshal's, you were so easy they couldn't be bothered. Just a phone call arrest. What a "tough con"! I have had tax fraud CPA's show more fight when arrested than you did.

·
Registered
296 Posts
if done on the right barrel it is possible to internally thread it and then properly cut the bevel to make all the rifleing at the new muzzle equal.
the problem would come as you would need to make a thread protector for the inside that does not mess with the ballistics. not sure if this can be done without some serious study and very good equipment.

without the thread protecter on the inside threaded barrel you will rapidly fill the threads in with carbon ect and it will not work so well after to say the least.

would be better to do it legally and just get a suppressed barrel to start with. there are some good manufacturers out there. paper work $$$ and time is all it takes....a good record would be a requirment as well.

thinking this thread would belong in the gunsmithing section to boot.
sean

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yeah, I sure am scared of the "feds".

I have a great deal of respect for the work that they do. But I am not afraid of them, and have chewed them out a few times. I've also been arrested by the RCMP, and no, I was not afraid then either.

There is no similarity between fear and respect. I fail to see where you found the connection.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Tard, you go do that, then fire 500 rounds out of the gun unsuppressed. Now, once that is done, try to thread your can on. I think you'll find out pretty quickly why female threading is not used for suppressor mounting.

Mike

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hard Rock said:
Tard, you go do that, then fire 500 rounds out of the gun unsuppressed. Now, once that is done, try to thread your can on. I think you'll find out pretty quickly why female threading is not used for suppressor mounting.

Mike
Mike, SHHH, thats to much information for NUTTY JOHN. You're liable to discourage him.

After all NUTTY JOHN is a MAD SCIENTIST, in his little world, that is!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts