Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing the dishes. I raise the carpet in her closet, fired at 45 degree angle into the hardwood floor. Jerry said:"Jesus CHRIST Davis". :) Pam never heard a thing, and believe me, she'd have had a COW if she'd known about it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can SPIT and make as much noise as a GOOD can lets out of a .22 auto, pistol or rifle, if the rifle is using subsonic ammo.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That's little more than an ancedote, not anything that proves or disproves a thing. There are a lot of factors involved here. The sound of the running water (if any) banging or clashing of pans, dishes, etc.

The shape of the rooms, the paths the sound had to travel etc.

Anyone who has tried to listen to a game on a TV or a Radio in another room while doing dishes can point out that it is sometimes not possible to hear something you're deliberately trying to hear, even with a fairly loud volume setting.

Nice story, but does not prove or disprove anything.

:devil:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shoot into floor

This post reminds me of a gunsmith that I worked for years ago. The guy was famous for shooting into the floor of his shop testing his guns, blowing out the window of his apartment, shooting his wife's dresser and so on. He also shot himself at least twice and another person ( customer ) once. Ah... seems like old times.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
All you have to do to see how loud a weapon is when cycling is to just rack the slide. Do it outside and let someone listen for it at differrent ranges. I can guarantee you will hear it quite a distance. Stup*kid just pointed out she was 'doing dishes'. I bet that made allot of racket and she was not listening for anything. People hunting such trash as gunboob WILL be listening and WILL not make a bunch of racket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts