Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 years of prison, with Ciener .22 unit on 1911, were 2.5" groups, 25 yds, sitting braced. within an hour, was getting same from Weaver. Just a question of knowing the basics and dryfiring a bit. Slowfire is kid stuff, man. My first group with the .45 was 6 rds into 3" at 10m, 2 flyers made it 6". Nextr group was 4" tho. So much for "needing" to practice slowfire, for realistic fighting. In 40 years of studying gunfighting, I've never seen a case wherein anyone proved that they could reliably do better than chest hits at 25 yds, while being shot-at, with a pistol. 12" at 25 yds is 5" at 10m. They either got a LUCK 1 shot hit, or they fired several times, got one hit. The latter is obviously luck, and there's no proof that the 1 shot hits were anything but luck. 2 out of 2 can easily be luck, just like 2 "straight" heads in a coin toss is nothing but luck.j It's certainly nothing to bet your life upon . That is EXACTLY what you are doing when you choose tactics. Betting your life that you are correct. I'd never bother working on 25+m shooting, thinking it was defensive pistol fire. It MIGHT be of RARE help, post shtf, in a braced firing position, using cover, "sniper" type shot, to maybe 50m, with a full size and wt pistol

Yeah, I can stand weaver, with earmuffs and a match 1911, and hit 10" gongs at 100 yds, just like the other top hands can do, in PRACTICE. I just dont kid myself about doing same in a fight.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hmmm. Does your PO know that you are bragging about handling and shooting firearms in violation of your parole?

SFB

RIKA

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
You are a legend, in your own mind!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What of it? i lost no such slowfire capability from 1986 to 1998(and shot almost NO .45's, for 2-3 years before that, and very few .22's, even) so why would I not still be able to do same thing after 4 years, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>?

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
sounds like pretty

good shootin' with that .45 there, ol' boy!

thanks. :duck:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts