Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or in trouble with the wife.

Trouble it is! :dgrin:

I bought a new pouch and horn. It was on a whim really. I didnt' need it, but I've been working a lot of overtime lately and figured I deserved it.

The horn is made by a guy named Mike Small. He is very good at making simple/beautiful horns. Simple and beautiful is a tough combination to achieve. He also makes ornate/beautiful.....those I can't afford though! :bawling: I've always wanted a horn with his name on it. Now I have one.

The bag is from a guy named Webb. It's all hand stitched and embroidered. The Iroquious were employed by the French to make similiar pouches back in the day. They then sold them to colonists and visitors from Europe. It's a small bag, only 8x7 inches. I've gotta economize what I carry now.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
now, that's a fine 'piece-o-work' bein' traced way back to the "AREA ******"
and seech!,,,,
so TELL ME ?, OH MASTER OF THE "flinchlock/pepperedbrow"?

is 'momma' fixin' to squall/rant at $250,,,hmmmmm?
[am I high-or- low? ]

as it's ONLY 'fair' to THROW ballpark figure at U.S. ya-know! :dgrin:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Beautiful pouch and horn. Often thought of getting a bare horn from DGW and customizing it. Have a buckskinner book that tells about making fancy horns.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brass hammer said:
is 'momma' fixin' to squall/rant at $250,,,hmmmmm?
[am I high-or- low? ]
For the pouch you are very close Brass. The original price was $285. The guy who was selling it let me have it for $185.

The horn added another $150.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RIKA said:
Often thought of getting a bare horn from DGW and customizing it. RIKA
I build horns myself Rika.

It's a fun way to spend a weekend. The little details are what kill you.

I have a certain fascination with powderhorns. I probably have a dozen here at the house.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Nice finds Flinter.
I have to admit that I prefer the plain powder horns and possibles bags (of course that one isn't plain).
I guess it just smacks more of something that'd actually see use.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i'm glad you bought it and are happy with it flinter!
and i admire your traditional hunting flavor, ,,,when i read on the fourm/board
that our 'own' BIG JON might be on the o.l.n. channel I WAS HAPPY[at first],,,but then KNOWING any game 'havested' would be taken with the latest 'fedchesterton' lightening bolt-throwin' s.s./composite rifle! it kinda bummed me out!!!,,,,[that 'sandra bullock' quip , although funny! was too much!] :bird:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Magnum88C said:
Nice finds Flinter.
I have to admit that I prefer the plain powder horns and possibles bags (of course that one isn't plain).
I guess it just smacks more of something that'd actually see use.
Not only do I hunt with my gear Magnum, I also do volunteer work at a local French and Indian War fort. My gear has to be historically correct because it is under constant scrutany (sp).The public loves to call out living historians when they see something out of place.

People of the 1700's were just like us. They liked shiney things. The difference is, even their shiney things saw hard use.

Indians lived for shiney things. Decoration was not just a way of showing off for them. Each decoration had a religious meaning. You had to look good when you went to the afterlife.

I'm a Colonial scout..........I kill indians and take their shiney things. :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brass hammer said:
and i admire your traditional hunting flavor,
Thanks Brass. I've loved the black powder rifles since I was a kid. My modern guns rarely see the woods these days.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Flinter said:
Not only do I hunt with my gear Magnum, [STOP!]had to look good when you went to the afterlife.

I'm a Colonial scout..........I kill indians and take their shiney things. :dgrin:
AND MAYBE IN THE 'afterlife' WHEN YER' SCALPED/DICKLESS!!!,,,YOU TOO KEN' enjoy them thar' "SHINEY-THINGS",,,,pal ! :dgrin:

[you know? some of my 'local/cool' ***** cowboy/bikers,,,,well!,,they ain't pannin'-out! in my view? ,,,as they like the dope/people runnin' biz,,,ON THE RESERVATION! :rolleyes: ]

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Very nice kit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts