Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around for some items for a (.577) 3 Band Snider Enfield and found this different looking flintlock rifle. Rifled Coaching Carbine by Henry Delany. Circa 1725.Check that stock out!​
A Very Desirable Cut-Down Sporting Rifle. Converted to a Coaching Carbine by Henry Delany, London. Circa 1725. Approx 26.5" Overall. 11.5" Rifled and Sighted Steel Barrel. Gunmakers Proof with Gunmakers Mark "HD" Swan Neck Cock . Unbridled Lock. Banana Lockplate and Borderlined Engraved. Sideplate Safety. Reverse Plate with double screw and engraved with Stag & Dog. Skeleton Stock with Steel Buttplate. Raised Apron to Barrel Tang. Escutcheon to hand. ( Vacant) Front End Restored to an Exceptional High Standard. Lock Crisp and Tight. An extremely pleasing and scarce weapon with good overall patination.​
http://www.ramrodantiques.co.uk/viewcategory.asp?catsel=1

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Wow! That coaching rifle is cool. But the price of approx $7300 US is uncool except for a rabid collector. Now the eagle powder horn really catches my eye. Thats practical artwork for sure. Thanks for showing!

RIKA

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've never seen a coach gun like that. I imagine they came up with all sorts of ways to lighten them.

Here's a weird flintlock that I've always like;

The oldest folding stock that I can find anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts