Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flying from a to B and back to a while taking firearms and ammuntion with you is easy as pie.

There are federal laws covering it and every major airline will have it's own policies in place.

In general:

1. Lock your gun in a hard case.
2. Put the locked case into another bag or case you can lock. Preferably a locking suitcase or pelican box.
3. Put ammo into ammo cases (factory boxes if possible) and cushion them to keep them from making noise if necessary.
4. Place the ammo 5 kilos or less (11 pounds) into a separate bag that your going to check.

At Check-In do the following.
1. Arrive at least 2 hours early for your flight.
2. Go to the actual check-in counter inside the terminal.
3. Hand over your tickets and ID.
4. Ask for an Unloaded firearms tag.
5. They may ask to inspect your guns. Open up the cases and show them clear. Even better is if you have them disassembled in the locked case.
6. Place the signed tag inside the locking hard care, next to the gun.
7. Lock case and bag up etc.
8. Request additional baggage insurance if you want.
9. Make no declaration of ammo unless asked.

I've flown with so much gear I've had to pay extra, SBRs, SBS, AOWs, Supressors, they've all gone on planes.

I don't get what the big deal is about "gear".

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I don't think they give weapons waivers for felons.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
If its that big of a deal he could just get someone with a clean record to fly with him.

I've flown with firearms since 9/11 as well. No problems. A bit of extra fuss at check in, but nothing major.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
This is all a tempest in a teapot. John's not going to show up for any challenge for three reasons. He's terrified of going back to prison (can't blame him) and he can't back up anything he say's, and he couldn't take the idea that someone CAN do what he can't. It would push him over the edge. I'm no psycholgist, but I've dealt with his type for over two decades. His brief periods of clarity followed by fits of rage that are often undirected? Let's face he's posted absolutely furious statements that were directed at, well, no one. His starting off on one theme and then drifting off into something completely unrelated. His obvious pleasure in reciting his torture and killing of domestic animals. We've got a certified head case here. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a weapon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts