Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing through some gun classifieds and stumbled on an ad for a nearly new FAL 50.42 for only $2,400. I almost bought one about a year ago, but circumstances didn't go the way I wanted them to and I had to pass it by. The price on this one if much cheaper then the one I was going to get last year.

I emailed the guy and he has this to say about it:
This is a consignment gun and the owner says it shoots great. The only thing missing is the lock ring and it's snap ring retainer for the bipod. Keeps the bipod from rotating completely around the barrel.
Well, that lock ring and retainer doesn't sound like any big deal, I guess. But I guess it does put a damper on the collectibility of the thing being missing those parts.

Anyone have any ideas how much trouble it would be to find those parts? Should I consider these parts being missing as a shower stopper for the deal?

Thanks.

Oh, here's a pic of this thing:

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Did you contact Gun Parts Corporation. They have always had the parts i've needed. Great people to deal with.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm going to get that gun. I checked Numrich and they might have the part I need in stock. But until I have the gun in my hands and can tell exactly what it is I need, I won't order anything. Worse comes to worse, I just have to be careful with the bipod. I'd be kicking myself for sure if I passed on this baby.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
That 50.42 looks identical to the one my Dad sold several years ago. I hope that you got it.

RIKA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts