Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then a cartridge will slip past follower and end up underneith.Anyone ever had this problem?After fixing gasblock leak and recrowning barrel,mounting scope,one hole at 50 yrds with wolf copper jackteted HP ammo,need to fix this mag problem.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Chinese SKS

Had that happen several times when I first got my ***** SKS. Just guessing, I bent the tab slightly until the problem disappeared. That was 6 or 7 years ago and I haven't had an incident since. Just luck I guess. And I also was using Wolf Ammo.:twoguns::flamethr:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,for the idea.Seems like the folower has alot of side to side movement,may have to tighten the rivets up a little,and then do some bending.Do you know anyone that sells the 20 round mags,the chineese fixed with the star on the side?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have one stored in another state...drop a line to me.
What is the going price for 20 rd. chinese fixed mags?If I can't tweek this one to work I would be most interested in a 20 round,dont care for the removable mags on the market due to malfuntions.10 rd.20rd.dont mater as long as it will not jam up.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have to get back to Massachusetts this weekend ( famil stuff)...that also is the location where I left a few things in storage. Among those things are a few SKS parts ;which as luck has it;may include at least one Chicom 20 round fixed magazine( I never did like th eafter market detachables either)Next week PM me;I should have an idea of what can be done.Price??Years ago ;they were giving the things away;practically...I f they are still around I'll let you decide whats fair and reasonable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts