Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and dropped coin for a short term layaway for a 21A 22lr

Been eyeing it for a few months and I just got the image of some schmuck panic buying this and jacking it up somehow.

Hope to pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday. Hoping the fedgov unscrews the NICS website by then.:headbang:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
they are a slick little gun after a day's worth of smithing. A real deal smith charges $150 an hour these days, so it's gotta be a DIY sort of thing.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Had one for over 30 years, including threaded barrel & suppressor for 10-12 years. IMO, they’re probably the nicest, best-fitted, most well-made, smoothest totally lame pistol available.

Less power than a lot of .22 short loads from a rifle; only thing I could trust it for anymore is close-range nuisance animals like a possum on the front deck or something. I’ll probably never sell mine (my wife’s, really), but will likely never use it either.

Totally get the nostalgia thing, not knocking it from that perspective. Just that even with it already here and paid for, I can’t find an objecive use for it.

Reactions: Terry G

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
I did the same thing back about 5 years ago, during the '70's I had a Llama in .22 LR for a couple of years. I got the nostalgic feeling again 5-6 years ago and bought another one, till I traded it in for a Beretta M71.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 70 or 71 model I'd like to find also.

Century imported some but all I saw were jacklegged with fake suppressors on them.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
I dumped the Llama as it only had 2 magazines and one was a little dodgey. I was able to find 6 for the Beretta.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
A Beretta 71 would be hard for me to pass up as well. With a barrel twice as long as the 21A while still being compact, it would be a nice one to have; especially if it was one of the threaded-barrel models. That would be seriously cool.

Reactions: Garand

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Those little .22's are so attractive and so absurd. No more than a threat. Still have a Taurus PT22 that I bought for my Wife and then got her a real gun. They really have no purpose when you can get a .380 that's not much bigger. I wonder if anyone has chronographed the Ruger LCP .22, I would think it's in the same class as the older short barreled .22's.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those little .22's are so attractive and so absurd. No more than a threat. Still have a Taurus PT22 that I bought for my Wife and then got her a real gun. They really have no purpose when you can get a .380 that's not much bigger. I wonder if anyone has chronographed the Ruger LCP .22, I would think it's in the same class as the older short barreled .22's.
I don't know but like I said if I don't get sandbagged by really bad weather and it the pandemic I'll be up in Southern MO to test some guns and loads out

And look what followed me home with the 21A. another pocket gun I've been trying to find used for some time. A S&W 442-1 Pro model with a nice set of grips.
The 21A however has a set of chunky rubber ones and the factory grips look like either industrial grey paint or jb weld was rubbed into the checkering. Blech! If they don't clean up gonna order a new set online when the Hing Kong Fluey madness dies down.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts